The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Wet whistle. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40323-wet-whistle.html)

Bearfanmike20 Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:26am

Wet whistle.

ok.. so.. I know.. another stupid thread topic by me.

Here we go. During the game do you ever find yourself trying to get the spit out of your whistle??... Not somthing I would have thought about before I started doing this, but they should have a release valve or somthing...

Maybe its just me..

kbilla Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20

Here we go. During the game do you ever find yourself trying to get the spit out of your whistle??... Not somthing I would have thought about before I started doing this, but they should have a release valve or somthing...

Maybe its just me..

It's just you:p What the heck are you doing to that thing?

Bearfanmike20 Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbilla
It's just you:p What the heck are you doing to that thing?

No matter how I answer this question its not going to sound right so.. remove all the sexual overtones...

I'm just blowing it.. although I've been known to swallow it and maybe the lack of action alows me to salivate and then ... I dont know.

rainmaker Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:47am

Quote:

Maybe its just me..

Didn't your whistle come with a little tiny cleaning rod shaped like a needle and a supply of little tiny tissues to use with the rod?? Usually you buy your first whistle "complete" and it has these cleaning items and a little tiny bag to keep it all in in your pocket for use during TO's. You should return it to the retailer and get the one with the cleaning kit...

:D :D

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
Didn't your whistle come with a little tiny cleaning rod shaped like a needle and a supply of little tiny tissues to use with the rod?? Usually you buy your first whistle "complete" and it has these cleaning items and a little tiny bag to keep it all in in your pocket for use during TO's. You should return it to the retailer and get the one with the cleaning kit...

The salesman, if he's any good, will also try to convince you that you need the AP toggle switch insert and will tell you that it prevents the type of problem you have experienced. So, beware.

Bearfanmike20 Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker

No... mine didn't have any of that. Man, and I thought I got the good one cause it had the rubber thing on it. :(

Adam Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
The salesman, if he's any good, will also try to convince you that you need the AP toggle switch insert and will tell you that it prevents the type of problem you have experienced. So, beware.

Crap!!!
Well, file this under "warnings I wish I'd gotten sooner."

Dan_ref Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:03pm

Quote:

Maybe its just me..

Use a 3/32" bit to drill a small hole in the bottom of your whistle. Might also see a doctor about that excessive drooling problem of yours.

(for you FIBA officials 3/32" is about the same as .047 microdiggitydiggitydiggities)

kbilla Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap

Speaking of which, anybody get that thing? I have a fundamental opposition to it, I know a lot of guys keep track in their pocket or whatever of the AP, but if you check the table as the ball is inbounded after the AP throw-in, you should be able to forget about AP...

Bearfanmike20 Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbilla
Speaking of which, anybody get that thing? I have a fundamental opposition to it, I know a lot of guys keep track in their pocket or whatever of the AP, but if you check the table as the ball is inbounded after the AP throw-in, you should be able to forget about AP...

I didn't get it.. but I keep something in my pocket to keep track cause most of the games I do are ms, and they scorers dont keep very good track of AP.

CoachP Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Might also see a doctor about that excessive drooling problem of yours.

hmm....I've never seen an official have an illegal dribble violation during a game.

Adam Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachP
hmm....I've never seen an official have an illegal dribble violation during a game.

That's because it's always legal when we do it.

CoachP Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
(for you FIBA officials 3/32" is about the same as .047 microdiggitydiggitydiggities)

...and isn't 3/32 the same as 2.47 millidiggitieliters???

Dan_ref Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachP
...and isn't 3/32 the same as 2.47 millidiggitieliters???

Good point. Making 3/32" about the same as .11609 micromillidiggitydiggitydiggitydiggitieliters.

Yeah, I can see how the metric system is so much better than what we use.

Bearfanmike20 Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:32pm

ok.. LOL.. I'm not talking about a soaking wet whistle...

It just gets a little damp.. find myslef blowing it off in stoppages.

I'm not drueling down my face or anything like that.