The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   It Never Fails (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40316-never-fails.html)

refnrev Thu Dec 13, 2007 08:43am

It Never Fails

Two nights ago had a boys JV game. Small schools with only B'ball so good talent both ways. A run and gun 3-point fest. Before the game partner and I were comparing games for the year and we had a mutual partner. Guy has a tendency to show up late and make "goofy" calls. I said as we were leaving, you watch, we've talked about him now we'll both probabaly do something stupid. 1st Qtr subs are coming in. I'm lead. I set up wide on baseline to get best angle. HC for V is standing by locker room and says,"You like to use the whole floor don't you?" I take whistle out and we laugh and talk for a second. A's guard comes running down court and makes a shot and almost...almost charges but there is barely any contact. A and B go down. Nothing to call just incidental contact. This happens just as I am putting my whistle back in my mouth and was breathing hard. Whistle makes a very quiet sound ... just a little tweet...not even loud enough to be an IW... something that no one should hear.... but three players near me did. Of all the times to have that happen. Moral to the story. Don't talk about the stupid goofs a parther makes... you'll goof up, too!

Nevadaref Thu Dec 13, 2007 09:22am

That'll teach you to forget to knock on your head. ;)

M&M Guy Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:25am

It's called the karma bus. We've all been run over by it a few times.

Did you ever laugh at a fellow official for having an OT game the night before, only to find yourself in OT in your game tonight?

Did you ever snicker at your golfing partner because he rolls one into the water 20 feet off the tee, only to find yourself hitting the same shot a few moments later?

There's been a couple of times it has run over me, stopped, then backed up again. :)

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
It's called the karma bus. We've all been run over by it a few times.

Did you ever laugh at a fellow official for having an OT game the night before, only to find yourself in OT in your game tonight?

Did you ever snicker at your golfing partner because he rolls one into the water 20 feet off the tee, only to find yourself hitting the same shot a few moments later?

There's been a couple of times it has run over me, stopped, then backed up again. :)

Are you a lawyer, too?????

rainmaker Thu Dec 13, 2007 01:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Are you a lawyer, too?????

I heard from a little birdie that he was. Are you?

Adam Thu Dec 13, 2007 01:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
I heard from a little birdie that he was. Are you?

Nah. He's a mortgage guy. Careful with those guys.

Dan_ref Thu Dec 13, 2007 01:23pm

Quote:

I heard from a little birdie that he was.

When did he stop?

rainmaker Thu Dec 13, 2007 01:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Nah. He's a mortgage guy. Careful with those guys.

can't be both?

rainmaker Thu Dec 13, 2007 01:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
When did he stop?

Well, the last time I talked to the little birdie was a while ago, so I'm going by what was said then. Don't know for sure that he stopped, but not conjecturing. How's that for weaseling?

Dan_ref Thu Dec 13, 2007 01:28pm

Quote:

Well, the last time I talked to the little birdie was a while ago, so I'm going by what was said then. Don't know for sure that he stopped, but not conjecturing. How's that for weaseling?

Fine, I guess.

I'm just wondering why you said he was a lawyer rather than is a lawyer.

Mark Padgett Thu Dec 13, 2007 02:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy

No.