The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Kassidys Birthday---swvaref's daughter

Kassidys birthday is Monday she would have been 13. I am glad the season has started and I do have my patch on my shirt. Kassidy is in dark pink and the cancer ribbon is in lite pink. It is good to be able to ref and it is funny because about 80% of the gymns I have worked at so far she had been there to see me officate last year. I have not heard any negative comments but I have had alot of people who knew her story but did not know she was my daughter.
Christmas is soon and last year if someone would have told me where we would be now in life I would tell them they were crazy. I know we have had a fellow official on this forum that had a loss recently too.He will feel the same way. Guys love your family, take advantage of every day with them that you can,because we dont know what tomorrow brings. I do want to say Thank You for your support on this site because coming here was a way for me to keep my head in the game of basketball. I ask you to visit www.kassidyspage.com and check out the pictures of her.
GOD BLESS

SWVAREF
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

swavref,

You are courageous and Kassidy would be so proud of you. You inspire me to be a better dad and a better person.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 07:55pm
Official Forum Member

I have not posted to this site in a while but have visited the Caring Bridge website quite a bit since a friend of mine's son was diagnosed with leukemia. I can only extend you and your family my best wishes and prayers during this holiday season. Your daughter was and still is a champion. She is just competing in a different arena now. I'm sure she is watching over you and your family and will help make this season as bright as possible now that she is well and whole again. May God bless you and your family.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 08:19pm
Official Forum Member

swvaref,

Thank you for helping me (and I'm sure others) keep in mind what is important and precious. I am at this moment counting the blessings of the well being of my family and the good fortune to be so gracefully touched by you and Kassidy.

Bill
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Thanks for the reminder that we are not promised any time in the future with our family - only the time we have in the present. I know this will be a difficult Christmas for you and your family. How about taking a pic of the patch and posting it on here for us to see - I'd love to see it.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swvaref
Kassidys birthday is Monday she would have been 13. I am glad the season has started and I do have my patch on my shirt. Kassidy is in dark pink and the cancer ribbon is in lite pink. It is good to be able to ref and it is funny because about 80% of the gymns I have worked at so far she had been there to see me officate last year. I have not heard any negative comments but I have had alot of people who knew her story but did not know she was my daughter.
Christmas is soon and last year if someone would have told me where we would be now in life I would tell them they were crazy. I know we have had a fellow official on this forum that had a loss recently too.He will feel the same way. Guys love your family, take advantage of every day with them that you can,because we dont know what tomorrow brings. I do want to say Thank You for your support on this site because coming here was a way for me to keep my head in the game of basketball. I ask you to visit www.kassidyspage.com and check out the pictures of her.
GOD BLESS

SWVAREF

Just know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I know it will be a tough day. Wish I had something to say that would make it easier, but I don't.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

swva,
I happened to think of an e-mail that was forwarded to me last week. It's a clip on YOUTube called Logan the Sky Angel Cowboy. You might find a bit of comfort from hearing that radio call in and and hearing that little boy's words of wisdom. Take care.RR
I think it is located at:

htpp://youtube.com?watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 07:14am
In Memoriam

Fixed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
........ Guys love your family, take advantage of every day with them that you can,because we don't know what tomorrow brings.....
Good advice for everyone Danny, sometimes you have to stop and remember what's really important.

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family, and I'm glad to see that the healing process has begun. Days like today are going to be tough, but will get better in time. Try to remember the good things, but if all else fails ask your self what Kassidy would want - then go with your heart.

Peace be with you....
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Kassidys birthday is Monday she would have been 13.
Christmas is soon and last year if someone would have told me where we would be now in life I would tell them they were crazy. I know we have had a fellow official on this forum that had a loss recently too.He will feel the same way.
Today might be really difficult or really good or a complicated combination of both. Try to leave yourself space to feel it all, really enjoy the good things, really mourn and grieve the bad things, and find ways to stay in touch with Kassidy. She is fortunate to have had such a loving caring family. God be with you today and throughout your process.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
GOD BLESS

SWVAREF

I could only imagine what you are going through right now.
We in the officiating community are for you. If you need anything let us know. I have been following your postings. Please, if you need anything let us know. You have our prayers.