The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   IAABO Exam (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/39825-iaabo-exam.html)

ref18 Sat Nov 24, 2007 07:33pm

IAABO Exam

Hey Guys,

Anyone have a copy of this years 50 question IAABO Exam?

eyezen Sat Nov 24, 2007 09:37pm

Yes, I have a copy.

26 Year Gap Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref18
Hey Guys,

I think you will get one on Monday night.

Jurassic Referee Sun Nov 25, 2007 02:44pm

Quote:

Hey Guys,

Does your IAABO board write this exam?

26 Year Gap Sun Nov 25, 2007 02:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Does your IAABO board write this exam?

One test, which is administered tomorrow evening by all IAABO boards.

Zoochy Sun Nov 25, 2007 03:04pm

Quote:

Hey Guys,

I can fax the test to you before 5 pm. Send me a message.

Jurassic Referee Sun Nov 25, 2007 03:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
One test, which is administered tomorrow evening by all IAABO boards.

Soooooo, why would an IAABO member want the test <b>early</b>?:confused:

Nevermind. I already know the answer.

Jurassic Referee Sun Nov 25, 2007 03:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy
I can fax the test to you before 5 pm. Send me a message.

Do you spread the answers around too?

Do you not realize that some states use that test for certification <b>and</b> advancement?

Every damn year.......:rolleyes:

JRutledge Sun Nov 25, 2007 03:44pm

It is possible that he is not an IAABO member. It is also possible that he is an IAABO member and is not taking any tests for "certification."

In my area that is a possibility to become a member of IAABO and that certification means nothing around here. At least not the way I understand it. And maybe this is why no one is a member hardly out of the people that are given the opportunity to join. Not everything someone asks has a cheating element to it.

Peace

Jurassic Referee Sun Nov 25, 2007 03:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
It is possible that he is not an IAABO member. It is also possible that he is an IAABO member and is not taking any tests for "certification."

In my area that is a possibility to become a member of IAABO and that certification means nothing around here. At least not the way I understand it. And maybe this is why no one is a member hardly out of the people that are given the opportunity to join. Not everything someone asks has a cheating element to it.

Yes, it is possible. That's why I asked him. It's also true that if it's wanted for "study" purposes, you can also find old IAABO exams on the web just by using Google.

If he is an IAABO member, then there is <b>NO</b> reason to get the exam early. He'll get it when he writes it, the same as everybody else.

And I think that you already know what I think of people who spread exams and answers all over the internet without finding out first why that person wanted the exam. If not, I'll be glad to tell you.:)

JRutledge Sun Nov 25, 2007 03:57pm

Quote:

If he is an IAABO member, then there is <b>NO</b> reason to get the exam early. He'll get it when he writes it, the same as everybody else.

Once again if his area is like mine, then there is no special testing time or place. You pay your money and you are a member. The membership is more for the benefit of someone that would move into an IAABO area (which controls certification and any other aspect of assigning). And that is the reason why that membership means nothing to those that will never live in those areas that have those kinds of rules.

Quote:

And I think that you already know what I think of people who spread exams and answers all over the internet without finding out first why that person wanted the exam. If not, I'll be glad to tell you.:)

And this is the reason I keep saying over and over again that passing the test around is not always a bad thing. Many states do not use the tests the same way every single time. Now if we knew exactly where this person lives, that would be helpful. But that does not mean he is cheating in any way. He might be asking for something that is only going to benefit him and his knowledge of the rules. In my opinion that is not a bad thing and I am not going to assume that he is taking a test that is a secret. Also if the test was a secret, why would others have the exam?

Peace

Zoochy Sun Nov 25, 2007 05:38pm

Sorry JR.
My board just hands out the test. I have had the test since early Nov. Our board treats it as an open book test. They say score matters but there are many that get quite a few wrong and they are not penalized. I have discussed the test with many other members and I gave the incorrect answer to 1 question. Questions #3, 6 and 16 created a lot of discussion.
I felt that the refresher test was much more thought provoking.
Good luck to all IAABO members. I will not fax the test until JR says that it is OK.

BillyMac Sun Nov 25, 2007 07:27pm

IAABO Refresher #80

I've been to four IAABO refresher exam meetings, sessions, clinics, etc. and I am still not satisfied with the answer to question #80:

With 3/10's of a second or less on the game clock, B-1 attempts to catch A-1's throwin. Simultaneously, A-2 from behind B-1 taps the ball from B-1's hands. After the ball leaves A-2's hand, time expires. Ball enters basket. Official disallows the basket. Is the official correct?

Answer Sheet: No; Citation 5-2-5

I don't believe that there's enough information to answer the question correctly, doesn't it depend on which basket the ball enters, A's or B's, information which is not given in the question?

If the ball enters A's basket, the answer no is correct, the official should have allowed the goal, but if the ball enters B's basket, it's not a legal try and the expiration of time causes the ball to become dead, which means the official was correct in disallowing the goal.

Help???

bob jenkins Sun Nov 25, 2007 08:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac
I've been to four IAABO refresher exam meetings, sessions, clinics, etc. and I am still not satisfied with the answer to question #80:

With 3/10's of a second or less on the game clock, B-1 attempts to catch A-1's throwin. Simultaneously, A-2 from behind B-1 taps the ball from B-1's hands. After the ball leaves A-2's hand, time expires. Ball enters basket. Official disallows the basket. Is the official correct?

Answer Sheet: No; Citation 5-2-5

I don't believe that there's enough information to answer the question correctly, doesn't it depend on which basket the ball enters, A's or B's, information which is not given in the question?

If the ball enters A's basket, the answer no is correct, the official should have allowed the goal, but if the ball enters B's basket, it's not a legal try and the expiration of time causes the ball to become dead, which means the official was correct in disallowing the goal.

Help???

I don't think "hitting the ball from another player's hand" can be (or should be) considered a "tap" and so the ball becomes dead when time expires.

Jurassic Referee Sun Nov 25, 2007 09:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy
I will not fax the test until JR says that it is OK.

Don't lay it on me, Zooch. It's completely up to each individual whether they want to participate in these exam/answer passing exercises. If they feel that there's nothing the matter with the practise, then there's absolutely nothing that I can do about it. If <b>you</b> think that it's OK, I'm sureashell not going to change your mind.

Having talked to a coupla of IAABO people that I know though, I can say that some IAABO boards do use this test for certification. And some boards have set <b>tomorrow</b> night as the date to write the exam, as 26 Year Gap has already stated.

Which brings me back to my original, unanswered question.....if an IAABO member is set to write that exam tomorrow in his home board, what reason does he have for wanting the exam early?