The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 20, 2007, 02:25am
Official Forum Member

FT foul during Ill/AZ St game

Did anyone see the crew apparently kick the administration of the foul during the FT in the Illinois/AZ St. game?

4:38 remaining Rodney Alexander of Illinois was shooting the first of 1-and-1 due to AZ St.'s 8th team foul of the 2nd half. The try strikes the ring and bounces high into the air. The players along the lane go for the rebound, but the ball comes down and falls straight through the basket. During that time one of the officials, I believe the C, called a personal foul for pushing against Shaun Pruitt of Illinois who was in the middle lane space.

The crew correctly reported and charged the personal foul, but then allowed the players to take the positions along the lane for the second FT attempt.

The rebounding position didn't matter because this attempt was also successful and AZ St. got a throw-in due to the made goal, but shouldn't have the lane been cleared for the 2nd attempt and then AZ St. awarded the ball OOB nearest the spot of the foul of the 2nd FT was unsuccessful and with the end line running privilege if it were good?

The way that it was handled, Illinois got to position themselves to rebound a potential miss.
Old Tue Nov 20, 2007, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Figures - I tried staying awake, but that was one of the times I fell asleep.

I'm trying to come up with a scenario that would make the results possible, but I can't. Maybe the officials were in the same dreamland I was?

We all screw up an administration at some point. Last week I called a rebounding foul on the team (formerly) on offense, but took the ball OOB, even though the other team was in the bonus. No one complained, and it didn't register with me until much later. We all try to not screw up, but it happens. I just hope I'm never on national television when I do.

(Used with permission.)