The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Head Decoration or Hair Control Device? [Picture Attached] (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/39696-head-decoration-hair-control-device-picture-attached.html)

rgncjn Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:34pm

Head Decoration or Hair Control Device? [Picture Attached]

OK... Your opinion on the following item. The item contains a standard, elastic, hair band, with the additional decorations. What is your opinion on the item? Are you going to ask the player to remove the item? Would your opinion differ if the game were MS as opposed to HS?

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...4/Headwear.jpg

Bad Zebra Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:42pm

Not sure about the legality of the item, but I'd sure like to whack the coach that allows a player at ANY level to walk on to the court wearing that thing.

rgncjn Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:46pm

The reason I asked... My youngest sister has her first game tomorrow, (7th grade), and she informed me that she (and her entire team) would be wearing that item. I told her that if I were the referee, I would be asking that they remove the item since it is a head decoration more than a hair control device.

26 Year Gap Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:06pm

Christmas Tree Ornaments are illegal equipment as far as I know.

Nevadaref Mon Nov 19, 2007 04:09am

It that thing alive? Does one have to feed it?:D

For a HS game it is not legal. Different people handle subvarsity and MS games differently.

I guess they can take their chances with the officials that show up.

Jimgolf Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
It that thing alive? Does one have to feed it?:D

Don't feed it. Remember "The Trouble with Tribbles"!

Scrapper1 Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimgolf

Are you maybe thinking of "Gremlins", where they weren't supposed to feed them after midnight?

ref2coach Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimgolf

Way to go Jim. A basketball forum is the last place I would expect to see a "Star Track" reference. ;)

M&M Guy Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Are you maybe thinking of "Gremlins", where they weren't supposed to feed them after midnight?

Star Trek, 1960-something. They multiplied when they ate.

I sure hope that's not the case here. Pretty soon they'll be on every girl's head across the country. Then they'll be on boys' heads. Then they'll attach to the heads of officials! :eek: (Well, I'm not sure what they'll hold on to on Dan's head...)

Adam Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref2coach
Way to go Jim. A basketball forum is the last place I would expect to see a "Star Track" reference. ;)

Star Track?

Mark Padgett Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy

I sure hope that's not the case here. Pretty soon they'll be on every girl's head across the country. Then they'll be on boys' heads. Then they'll attach to the heads of officials! :eek:

Then they'll be attached to nipple rings!!!! :eek:

At lease they'll be easy to spot.

Jurassic Referee Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:25pm

Quote:

Then they'll attach to the heads of officials! :eek: (Well, I'm not sure what they'll hold on to on Dan's head...)

Oooooooooo........

If someone ever explains that to him, you're gonna be in deep doo-doo.

inigo montoya Mon Nov 19, 2007 01:08pm

Quote:

I sure hope that's not the case here. Pretty soon they'll be on every girl's head across the country. Then they'll be on boys' heads. Then they'll attach to the heads of officials! :eek: (Well, I'm not sure what they'll hold on to on Dan's head...)

and they were born pregnant, if I remember right!

Adam Mon Nov 19, 2007 01:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Oooooooooo........

If someone ever explains that to him, you're gonna be in deep doo-doo.

Good point, but what kind of Cretin would explain it to him. It would just make him feel bad about himself.

Scrapper1 Mon Nov 19, 2007 01:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by inigo montoya
and they were born pregnant, if I remember right!

That's why I thought he might be thinking of Gremlins. Eating didn't make the Tribbles multiply.