The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Wreck wreport 2 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/39628-wreck-wreport-2-a.html)

Mark Padgett Thu Nov 15, 2007 01:24pm

Wreck wreport 2

Three wreck games last night. My partner tossed five players, one in the first game and two each in the last two games. Man, that was cool. All I got out of it was calling one measly T. No fair!

In the third game, team A led by 15 at the half and wound up losing by 17. I guess they just got tired because this was the second of a back-to-back for them.

Also in the third game, after my partner tossed a player, their captain came over to him to complain. My partner said, "I triple dog dare you to say anything about it." It was the funniest line I've heard in quite some time.

Before you draw the wrong conclusion, the guy called all three games really well. The ejections certainly were warranted, as this is not that unusual in this league.

Oh yeah - after a traveling call, a player asked me if I "was kidding". I told him that if I was going to kid about anything, it would be his haircut. He just turned around and left.

Before the second game, I noticed three of the players on one of the teams were wearing gold and blue Michigan shorts. One of them asked me if I knew who the other team was. I told him, "Appalachian State". He stared for a minute then said, "I get it. That's not funny."

M&M Guy Thu Nov 15, 2007 02:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Three wreck games last night. My partner tossed five players, one in the first game and two each in the last two games. Man, that was cool. All I got out of it was calling one measly T. No fair!

You're right that wasn't fair - you were obviously letting your partner do all the work. Did you only get paid for 3 quarters? ;)
Quote:

Before the second game, I noticed three of the players on one of the teams were wearing gold and blue Michigan shorts. One of them asked me if I knew who the other team was. I told him, "Appalachian State". He stared for a minute then said, "I get it. That's not funny."

Yes it is. :D

Mark Padgett Thu Nov 15, 2007 03:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Did you only get paid for 3 quarters? ;)

Actually, this league doesn't pay much - sometimes it seems like only 75 cents. :(

M&M Guy Thu Nov 15, 2007 03:11pm

Quote:

Actually, this league doesn't pay much - sometimes it seems like only 75 cents. :(

Sounds like a bad beer commercial:

More crap.

Less pay.

Mark Padgett Thu Nov 15, 2007 03:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Sounds like a bad beer commercial:

More crap.

Less pay.

Would that be "Marriage Beer"? :rolleyes:

Oh no - Juulie's already on the phone to my wife.

rgncjn Thu Nov 15, 2007 03:25pm

That's an eventful night. I'll have my first wrek wreport Sunday evening. :)

26 Year Gap Thu Nov 15, 2007 04:35pm

Shouldn't they have had Georgia Tech shorts? [hums school fight song wondering if anyone besides me knows the opening line]

Mark Padgett Thu Nov 15, 2007 05:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Shouldn't they have had Georgia Tech shorts? [hums school fight song wondering if anyone besides me knows the opening line]

Could it be "I'm a ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech and a heck of an engineer"? The second line says something about women and "I drink my whiskey clear". My grandmother was originally from Georgia and taught me that when I was just a toddler.

26 Year Gap Thu Nov 15, 2007 05:50pm

Quote:

Could it be "I'm a ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech and a heck of an engineer"? The second line says something about women and "I drink my whiskey clear". My grandmother was originally from Georgia and taught me that when I was just a toddler.

Yup. So you know how it could apply to the league you worked.

JugglingReferee Thu Nov 15, 2007 06:05pm

Quote:

Your grandmother taught you as a toddler to drink whiskey? :confused:

What about au-natural? :eek: :eek:

Mark Padgett Thu Nov 15, 2007 08:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Your grandmother taught you as a toddler to drink whiskey? :confused:

No - only to sing about it. BTW - I forgot to mention this venue is in Beaverton and the teams must provide their own basketballs. Guess what brand of ball was used in all three games? If you guessed anything other than Nike, you're dumber than Billy Packer. :D