The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Coaching Switch-A-Roo (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/39482-coaching-switch-roo.html)

loners4me Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:11pm

Coaching Switch-A-Roo

JV Highschool game

During a time out Coach and Assistant are all over me about a missed call. I politely tell them I am only going to listen to the head coach and asked which coach was the head coach. One says "I am" and I give him an explaination of the non-call.

About 10 minutes later I look over and the assistant coach is standing yelling and the head coach is nowhere to be found. I stop play and ask the assistant where is the head coach and why are you standing.

He says, this is the JV game and I'm the head JV coach. Our varsity coach left to take care of pre-game for his varsity squad.

He say's I got things confused and when I asked who was the head coach,I didn't clarify head coach of this game.

So the person I would have T'd up is now gone and the correct coach is standing.

What to do???

chartrusepengui Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:23pm

they're playing games - they knew exactly what you meant the first time. Tack one on him for unsporting conduct.

If he was the "head coach" of that game - they lied to you or in lieu of that - since they told you the other guy was "head coach" he stills gets a T for standing - only head coaches are allowed that privledge.

Either way - joke backfired!

rockyroad Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by loners4me
JV Highschool game

During a time out Coach and Assistant are all over me about a missed call. I politely tell them I am only going to listen to the head coach and asked which coach was the head coach. One says "I am" and I give him an explaination of the non-call.

About 10 minutes later I look over and the assistant coach is standing yelling and the head coach is nowhere to be found. I stop play and ask the assistant where is the head coach and why are you standing.

He says, this is the JV game and I'm the head JV coach. Our varsity coach left to take care of pre-game for his varsity squad.

He say's I got things confused and when I asked who was the head coach,I didn't clarify head coach of this game.

So the person I would have T'd up is now gone and the correct coach is standing.

What to do???

Why not just whack him for being "all over you" or for standing and yelling at you? Who cares whether they are the head coach or chief bottle-washer??

Y2Koach Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad
Why not just whack him for being "all over you" or for standing and yelling at you? Who cares whether they are the head coach or chief bottle-washer??

"14.3.E: Only the head coach may stand in the designated coaching box to actively coach his team. However, chief bottle-washer may kneel in the coaching box and un-actively coach, and when the officials are making biased calls to take away legitimate opportunities for the players, chief bottle-washer may stand in the coaching box and be all over the officials in question. This addendum is to prevent players from being injured or screwed."

Read the rulebook fellas... sheesh

M&M Guy Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Koach
"14.3.E: Only the head coach may stand in the designated coaching box to actively coach his team. However, chief bottle-washer may kneel in the coaching box and un-actively coach, and when the officials are making biased calls to take away legitimate opportunities for the players, chief bottle-washer may stand in the coaching box and be all over the officials in question. This addendum is to prevent players from being injured or screwed."

Read the rulebook fellas... sheesh

Whoo...wise guy...
http://www.threestooges.com/bios/images/choward.jpg

Wait a minute...a coach with a sense of humor?!? :eek:

rockyroad Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Whoo...wise guy...
http://www.threestooges.com/bios/images/choward.jpg

Wait a minute...a coach with a sense of humor?!? :eek:

LOL...yeah, but he can't spell Koach correctly.:p

M&M Guy Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:45pm

Quote:

What do you expect from someone in the education community?

:p :D

Y2Koach Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:56pm

Quote:

Aktually, I DID spell Koach korrektly. You dang refs just always see it wrong every time.

JugglingReferee Thu Nov 08, 2007 06:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by loners4me
JV Highschool game

What to do???

T.