The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WARNING!!! OFF_TOPIC Football thread (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/39350-warning-off_topic-football-thread.html)

M&M Guy Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
The Ohio State University Buckeyes

MTD, Sr.

And, slightly off-topic to the topic of basketball:

Findlay? For gosh sakes, Findlay?!?

Mark, I'm more than willing to mention Appalachian State to various esteemed, blue members of our forum. But now this?!? It's enough to make the rest of us Big 10 fans cringe...

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy

Mark, I'm more than willing to mention Appalachian State to various esteemed, blue members of our forum. But now this?!? It's enough to make the rest of us Big 10 fans cringe...

Maybe the Big 10 should move to Division 11, lock stock and Illinois.

In basketball, Mark's beloved OSU loses to Findlay. Whointhehell is Findlay?:confused: MSU loses to Grand Valley St. Grand Valley Freaking State?:D

Maybe they should schedule some easier games. Like maybe play each other more often?

M&M Guy Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Maybe they should schedule some easier games. Like maybe play each other more often?

Hey, there's a thought. Maybe the conference schedule can be the "pre-season", then the non-conference schedule can follow that. I heard William and Mary lost William to academic problems...maybe we can schedule them/her?

Ref Ump Welsch Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Lot's of glaucoma?

Maybe, or it could be lots of arthritis. Or students having trouble getting an appetite. :eek:

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:37am

Quote:

I heard William and Mary lost William to academic problems...maybe we can schedule them/her?

Didn't have the nuts to say that William and Mary lost Mary to academic reasons, didya?(you pusillanimous, you)

M&M Guy Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:43am

Quote:

Didn't have the nuts to say that William and Mary lost Mary to academic reasons, didya?(you pusillanimous, you)

Probably.

But I would think it's safer to assume William had the academic problems, because, as we all know, women are smarter, right?

<font size="1">(I'm not sure if I'm a memeber of the pusillanimous club, but I did get a degree in butt-kissing.)</font size>

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:49am

Quote:

I am not going to make any excuses. The University of Findlay (which happens to be just fifty miles south of Toledo down I-75) is one of the top Division II basketball programs in the country (currently ranked 5th in the nation) and lost last Thursday to the University of Dayton, 81-78. The Oilers men's basketkball program is one of the best in the country. Last year they were 29-2 and were the GLIAC regular season and post-season tournament champions before losing in the second round of the NCAA Div. II tournament.

MTD, Sr.

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:49am

Quote:

<font size="1">(I'm not sure if I'm a memeber of the pusillanimous club, but I did get a degree in butt-kissing.)</font size>

Oh, you're a "member" alright(even if you don't know how to spell it).

Dan was just saying the other day what a big member you are.

TimTaylor Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch
Maybe, or it could be lots of arthritis. Or students having trouble getting an appetite. :eek:

More likely the environment. U of O is located in the Peoples Republic of Eugene - probably the 2nd most liberal city in the Western US - right behind San Francisco. It's long been a hotbed for counter-cultural related illegal drug use, dating back to LSD in the 60's. It also has been and continues to be a breeding ground for violent radical organizations such as the SDS, Weathermen & anarchist movement , and eco-terrorist groups such as ELF, ALF, The Family, etc.

M&M Guy Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I am not going to make any excuses. The University of Findlay (which happens to be just fifty miles south of Toledo down I-75) is one of the top Division II basketball programs in the country (currently ranked 5th in the nation) and lost last Thursday to the University of Dayton, 81-78. The Oilers men's basketkball program is one of the best in the country. Last year they were 29-2 and were the GLIAC regular season and post-season tournament champions before losing in the second round of the NCAA Div. II tournament.

MTD, Sr.

Mark, this sounds eerily similar to the excuses...er, reasons Rut gave for Michigan losing to Appalachian State. Maybe the two of you are more alike than you thought.

Maybe Ohio State and Michigan fans really can get along! :eek:

Maybe dogs and cats really can live together! :eek:

Adam Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:16pm

Quote:

You misspelled "tool."

M&M Guy Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:20pm

Quote:

How would Dan know? I've never taken a shower with him. Maybe he's confusing me with Chuck?

M&M Guy Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
You misspelled "tool."

Exactly.

<font size ="1">Uh...wait a minute...</font size>

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:24pm

Quote:

Mark, this sounds eerily similar to the excuses...er, reasons Rut gave for Michigan losing to Appalachian State. Maybe the two of you are more alike than you thought.

Maybe Ohio State and Michigan fans really can get along! :eek:

Maybe dogs and cats really can live together! :eek:

Absolutely NOT!! I didn't derive any pleasure from seeing OSU get beat by UF in basketball, but the facts are facts, UF has a quality program. As to that school up North, Appalacian State did a number on them and my sons and I just loved how the game ended. We only regret that Appalachian State couldn't have scored a touchdown on the blocked kick at the end of the game. Jim Tressel owns Lloyd Carr, just like he owned Gerry Foust at The University of Akron (Foust was 1-8-1 against Tressel and YSU. That is why Zips joined the MAC so they wouldn't have to play the Penguins anymore.)

MTD, Sr.

JugglingReferee Wed Nov 07, 2007 01:06pm

Quote:

In basketball, Mark's beloved OSU loses to Findlay. Whointhehell is Findlay?:confused:

Shouldn't you know; aren't you from Hell?