The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   New Honigs Shirt (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/38922-new-honigs-shirt.html)

eyezen Wed Oct 17, 2007 08:53pm

New Honigs Shirt

Received my new shirt from honigs (#B12 ultra tech) yesterday. It's made of under armour type material. Very light-weight, very bright white stripes and blacks are black.

Two thumbs up!

mbyron Wed Oct 17, 2007 09:14pm

Here's a link to Honig's product page.

Here's the shirt:
http://www.honigs.com/img_item_full/B19.jpg

TRef21 Thu Oct 18, 2007 02:04am

I believe they were selling that last year.
I got mine from officials choice.
It's a college shirt. Hey whats the material that's used to make it??/
you said Under Armour? can you give the specs of the material (ie, material)
Thanks

Tommy

mj Thu Oct 18, 2007 08:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyezen
Received my new shirt from honigs (#B12 ultra tech) yesterday. It's made of under armour type material. Very light-weight, very bright white stripes and blacks are black.

Two thumbs up!

What is the difference between Honig's prosoft shirt and polycotton shirt? I have been wearing polycotton the last few years but it seems those are being discontinued.

We can't wear the college shirt where I live.

Splute Thu Oct 18, 2007 08:51am

Wish I had seen this post before I went to test last night. Honigs was there selling gear to the new officials, etc. I could have asked what the differences are and seen the products.

JFlores Thu Oct 18, 2007 09:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splute
Wish I had seen this post before I went to test last night. Honigs was there selling gear to the new officials, etc. I could have asked what the differences are and seen the products.

I was there too, seems like Honigs is a bit over priced. Anyone try purchase officials?

Splute Thu Oct 18, 2007 09:24am

Hey Jose,
I original purchased my gear form getofficial.com. I have not purchased from Honigs. But you are correct regarding their prices. I believe the shirt with the wide band on the side was $32.95 last night.

Texas Aggie Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:54am

Quote:

they were selling that last year.
No, they weren't. Not only are they brand new, they weren't available in the football style for much of September due to backorder.

I've got the new Honigs in the football version. I don't like the collar, but that doesn't exist on the hoops shirt. Everything else seems to be OK.

I wore it for a football game about 2 weeks ago in VERY humid conditions. It was somewhat saturated, but I didn't really notice that until I took it off. It is very lightweight -- even more than the OC shirts which I think have been the best ones made so far. It was very comfortable as well. I will probably get several, even though I have seven shirts already.

KSRef07 Thu Oct 18, 2007 03:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyezen

Two thumbs up!

Be sure you can wear a shirt with a wide side stripe. Many states do not use them and want all refs to be dressed identically..

eyezen Thu Oct 18, 2007 04:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSRef07
Be sure you can wear a shirt with a wide side stripe. Many states do not use them and want all refs to be dressed identically..

These are for my college assignments. I still plan to use my existing prosoft shifts for high school since they have the state and association patch on them.

eyezen Thu Oct 18, 2007 05:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj
What is the difference between Honig's prosoft shirt and polycotton shirt? I have been wearing polycotton the last few years but it seems those are being discontinued.

We can't wear the college shirt where I live.

The material of the #B12 is 100% polyester according to the tag. But the feel is more like under armour than the prosoft. Under armour is 80% nylon 20% elastane .

The prosoft is also 100% polyester. I would say it is a next generation micromesh (also 100% polycotton).

I have a polycotton shirt that was given to me when I first started doing a spring league, McDavid I believe, then when I registered with the state the next fall and bought my first shirt it was a micromesh. Then a year later came the prosoft. If you've only ever wore poycotton then your missing out! :D

I'd definitely get a a prosoft shirt at a minimum.

Mwanr1 Thu Oct 18, 2007 06:26pm

Quote:

Thanks

Tommy

How's your leg Tommy?

TRef21 Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwanr1
How's your leg Tommy?

Better Marco. Nothing was fractured so I dodged a bullet. Getting ready for the season. I got my D3 games and my JC stuff for the Western States. Just waiting on the South Coast and Orange Empire. I have another scrimmage this Saturday. So whats happening with you big dog???

JFlores Fri Oct 19, 2007 08:22am

anyone has ideas how pleated basketball pants run. For instance if I wear a 36, do sansabelt pants run to size, smaller, larger?? How about purchase official pants any ideas?? Thanks

Bearfanmike20 Fri Oct 19, 2007 08:24am

Quote:

Thanks

Tommy

I'm not in shape to wear under amour.. LOL