The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   New interps Sitch # 10 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/38742-new-interps-sitch-10-a.html)

Dan_ref Wed Oct 10, 2007 03:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust
Sure the ball has FC status until it is touched in the BC, but before that time that player hadn't touched it (nor had a player of the same team).

Imaging a 80,000# semi approaching an intersection with no traffic controls. The truck is going 75mph. You are in a 1,500# Yugo crossing the intersection on the perpendicular street. You are going 45mph. Do you want to be in the intersection at the same time as the semi or before/after? Go experiment if you like :D. I gaurantee that you'll find that simultaneous and before don't end the same.

I actually drove a yugo. I have no problem being in the intersection wih the truck 'cause I know the yugo will go completely under the truck...and completely over Chuck.

So we're both safe

Mark Padgett Wed Oct 10, 2007 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
I actually drove a yugo.

I took a Yugo for a test drive once. It was doing fine until I ran over some gum. :p

Now I drive one of those expensive British cars, a Rolls Kanardly. It rolls down one hill and kanardly get up the next. :rolleyes:

Adam Wed Oct 10, 2007 04:46pm

So, the question I have is:
If you're officiating the high school bass fishing tournament, and the favored team's star angler drives in a zig-zag pattern to prevent the trailing team's star driver from passing him, is he guilty of an over-and-back violation?

M&M Guy Wed Oct 10, 2007 05:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
If you're officiating the high school bass fishing tournament, and the favored team's star angler drives in a zig-zag pattern to prevent the trailing team's star driver from passing him, is he guilty of an over-and-back violation?

Wait, I think I know this one...it has something to do with the boat going over the International Date Line, right?

Adam Wed Oct 10, 2007 05:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Wait, I think I know this one...it has something to do with the boat going over the International Date Line, right?

You're confusing it with curling. There's no 10 second time violation in bass fishing.

Don't feel too bad; lots of people confuse the two.

mbyron Thu Oct 11, 2007 06:53am

Quote:

Over in the baseball forum, we always like to ask: day game or night game?

Jurassic Referee Thu Oct 11, 2007 07:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron
Over in the baseball forum, we always like to ask: day game or night game?

Or more importantly....

Who's umpiring and when are they on vacation.....

bob jenkins Thu Oct 11, 2007 08:03am

Quote:

You're confusing it with curling. There's no 10 second time violation in bass fishing.

Don't feel too bad; lots of people confuse the two.

Myabe we could combine the two and have a bass ice-fishing tournament. You have to drill your hole where your stone stops.

Truth be told, I spend much of the winter fishing through the ice -- to get the olives that fall to the bottom of the glass.