The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 08:30pm
Official Forum Member

Question

NCAA Men's Interpretaion.
Both teams are in bonus situation. On a rebound, A1 is fouled by B1. A few seconds after the whistle, A2 gets in B2 face and talks trash. A few seconds later B2 does the same to A2. Official calls T on both players, Direct.
After reporting the fouls, what is the correct procedure in getting the ball back into play, and how many shots should be taken?
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

I'm going to take a shot at this without looking it up in my rulebook. NCAA buffs, please feel free to correct me.

I have a double technical foul - one on A2 and one on B2. After reporting, we then go to the POI, which is B1's free throws.
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Shots would be simply the 1-and-1 or the 2 for the bonus. No FT's are shot for double fouls.
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 09:40pm
Official Forum Member

That's what I would say, would be the correct way, but I've had other comments. Others say this is a false double foul situation, and that you would shoot both T's, then come back and shot the one and one, or two, since this was the POI.
Comments????
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

always balance the book. no shots for the T's in this play.
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref4e
That's what I would say, would be the correct way, but I've had other comments. Others say this is a false double foul situation, and that you would shoot both T's, then come back and shot the one and one, or two, since this was the POI.
Comments????
This is a double T - technicals committed by opponents against each other at approximately the same time. General guideline, if they are the same act, it's double.
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Same play situation, only the timeline is abit longer. The T's take place after the reporting of the original foul, but before the one and one or two. Would the administration be different now???? Would this be a false double foul situation??
Comments.
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref4e
Same play situation, only the timeline is abit longer. The T's take place after the reporting of the original foul, but before the one and one or two. Would the administration be different now???? Would this be a false double foul situation??
Comments.
As long as the actions that earn the technical fouls are at approximately the same time, you have the double.

The false double would be:
Foul by B1.
A2 trash talks to B2.
Official reports both fouls.
While getting ready for the FT's, B2 trash talks to A2.