The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

did anybody catch the missed backcourt play during the oklahoma/missouri game. it happened with about 13 min. to go in the 2nd half. this was a very obvious play that the announcers even saw, they even showed a replay that easily confirmed it.

here is what happened: on a rebound oklahoma gets the ball and throws a pass to a team mate in the front court(about 10 ft into the frontcourt). the player catches the ball and is about to fall out of bounds. he then throws the ball to his teammate about 30 ft in the backcourt. this is unbeleivable, if i were the coach for missouri i would have gone nuts. the game has about 11 min. to go right now.
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

One of my partners missed the exact same call last Friday night. He was at trail. Had I been at center, I would probably have called it but I was at lead. Center thought it was a violation but decided that B must have touched the ball since the trail didn't call it.

When A2 retrieved the ball in the BC, I was waiting for my partner's whistle, but it never came. Then he had a foul on B1. B's coach realized it was a missed BC violation but was very cordial about the play. He even shook my partner's hand after the final horn and told him, not to worry about it.

One of those things that you can't do much about.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith