The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Congratulations are in order (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/38214-congratulations-order.html)

ChuckElias Wed Sep 12, 2007 06:14pm

Congratulations are in order

I am carrying on the Official Forum tradition of publicly congratulating people who probably would be just as happy without the publicity. I just learned that "26 Year Gap", who works in Vermont, recently got word that he'll be on the Varsity list for the upcoming season.

Congrats, Gapper! Have a great season!

Mark Padgett Wed Sep 12, 2007 06:43pm

And remember the first rule of officiating - tuck your whistle in your shirt before you take a leak. :D

And...just so Brad doesn't have a fit - no accompanying graphic. :rolleyes:

26 Year Gap Wed Sep 12, 2007 09:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
And remember the first rule of officiating - tuck your whistle in your shirt before you take a leak. :D

I learned that rule, take it seriously, and advise all newer officials of its importance. I guess the 2nd rule is "That is not a giant mint."

Jurassic Referee Wed Sep 12, 2007 09:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
I guess the 2nd rule is "That is not a giant mint."

Oh? :confused: How come it made Chuck's breath smell better then?

Congratulations too, btw.

btaylor64 Wed Sep 12, 2007 09:25pm

Congratulations 26 Year Gap!

Totally off topic, but you guys in Vermont are some non-traditionalistic crazy people. haha. You guys (Vermont) are everywhere in my understanding State and localities government book. I have read 4 chapters and they have AT LEAST one page a chapter about something radical that your constitution allows or does that is way different from everyone else's. Just wanted to throw that in there.

26 Year Gap Thu Sep 13, 2007 07:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by btaylor64
Congratulations 26 Year Gap!

Totally off topic, but you guys in Vermont are some non-traditionalistic crazy people. haha. You guys (Vermont) are everywhere in my understanding State and localities government book. I have read 4 chapters and they have AT LEAST one page a chapter about something radical that your constitution allows or does that is way different from everyone else's. Just wanted to throw that in there.

We also have 4 man crews. ;)

Thanks, btw. I am really looking forward to the season.

Mark Padgett Thu Sep 13, 2007 08:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
We also have 4 man crews.

And are all the rest of the crews woman crews? :confused:

Back In The Saddle Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:54am

Congrats 26 Year Gap. That's quite an accomplishment!

zebraman Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:22pm

Way to go Gapper!

rockyroad Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:25pm

Sweet!! Good luck there Gapper!

M&M Guy Thu Sep 13, 2007 01:35pm

Please tell me it's not gonna take another 26 years to move up to the next level? :eek:

Congrats anyway! :D

mick Thu Sep 13, 2007 01:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Please tell me it's not gonna take another 26 years to move up to the next level? :eek:

Congrats anyway! :D

Uh, yeah ?!!?!
If you quit officiating for 26 years, and restart there's a good chance that could happen.

Attaboy, Gap !

26 Year Gap Thu Sep 13, 2007 06:46pm

Quote:

And are all the rest of the crews woman crews? :confused:

There might be a possibility of 3 crews such as that in our association.:p

26 Year Gap Thu Sep 13, 2007 06:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
Uh, yeah ?!!?!
If you quit officiating for 26 years, and restart there's a good chance that could happen.

Attaboy, Gap !

If I quit after the season and restarted after 26 more years, I would be....DANG, left my calculator at work. Thanks all.

Brad Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:36am

Quote:

I don't usually have fits -- I just clean up with a LARGE broom when I start getting emails from the mods and other forum posters! However, everything has been pretty quiet around here lately -- unusual!