The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone ever attend Phil Bova's Camp near Cleveland OH? Does he still do it?

Larks
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 10:35pm
Administrator

I have attended Phil's camp. His camp is a great teaching camp. Phil did not have a camp last year and I am not sure if he is going to have one this year. Phil is not a conference supervisor and many officials want to attend camps that are run by conference supervisors rather that attend a teaching camp.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Jan 20, 2002, 04:06pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I went to Bova's camp a few years ago (I'm from Ontario). It was one of the best camps I have been to.

..Mike
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Prob Not this year

Spoke with Phil Bova today. He inditacted that due to some family commitments this year that he is unlikely going to have the camp.

Bummer, because a teaching camp is probably exactly what I need. I would go to a supervisors camp after that but I think it would be great to attend a camp that teaches 3-man etc. before I try to attend the supervisores camps.

Someone mentioned the Buckeye Camp at OSU in an earlier post but I heard they would likely expect you know 3-man mechanics coming in.

If anyone has any suggestions about camps that "teach" let me know. I dont want to go somewhere, run for 4 days, get a little feedback but not really learn anything.

Larks
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Let me know if you interested in coming to Florida. Might be a long trip. There is a great teaching camp here. Very good instruction. Get some exposure as well. But it is all instruction and you stay on the beach!!! Very inexpensive but very very good. I can attest, I have been a camper and I am now a teacher/instructor at it. Give me your email if your interested and I will get your home address and send you a brochure on it.
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BBarnaky
Let me know if you interested in coming to Florida. Might be a long trip. There is a great teaching camp here. Very good instruction. Get some exposure as well. But it is all instruction and you stay on the beach!!! Very inexpensive but very very good. I can attest, I have been a camper and I am now a teacher/instructor at it. Give me your email if your interested and I will get your home address and send you a brochure on it.
I have family in Boca. Is that close?

Send info to [email protected]

Thanks
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
A cheap, yet good, basketball camp in Florida? Tell me more about it! ([email protected])
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
im from toledo, ohio. but i am willing to possibly drive down to florida to become a better official. i am a young official, but i am willing to put the time and effort into becoming the best official i can be. i want to officiate at the collegiate level, and possibly at the professional level as well. i would certainly appreciate any information to any camps, as well as the one in florida. thanks again.
[email protected]
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

Count me in. [email protected]
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 12:58am
Official Forum Member

Camp Info for those who Responded

I will get a hold of that info via computer and either email it to your addresses or if it is only available in print form, I will email you and get your mailing addresses and then mail the form to you.
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Love2ref4Ever
Send me more information as it becomes available to: [email protected]
Old Tue Jan 22, 2002, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

I would love this info also. [email protected]
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

Hey Goomba

I umpire adult baseball in San Diego County and I am also the assigment coordinator for my organization. SDABu

At any rate, I was surfing the net when the name Phil Bova caught my eye! I'm Vincent Philip Bova, my uncles name is Phil Bova, in Pittsburgh CA and my grandfather was Phil Bova!! We gotta be ralated. Anyway, give me a buzz.
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 07:04am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Re: Hey Goomba

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Philip Bova
I umpire adult baseball in San Diego County and I am also the assigment coordinator for my organization. SDABu

At any rate, I was surfing the net when the name Phil Bova caught my eye! I'm Vincent Philip Bova, my uncles name is Phil Bova, in Pittsburgh CA and my grandfather was Phil Bova!! We gotta be ralated. Anyway, give me a buzz.
The Phil Bova they're talking about officiates basketball - NC2A in the Ohio region - not sure what conferences, as I'm in Ontario. He used to hold a camp at Kent State University in the summertime.

Mike
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
[email protected]