The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Does anyone have any input on the patent leather "Whistle" shoe by Converse?
Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

i personally do not like converse. i prefer nike. i wentto the website nike.com andwent to the I.D. sectionand ordered the nike shox. they are very comfortable butare very expensive. though nike has other shoes on site i am a shoe very particular(medically unstable) about what shoes i wear.
Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I wear the shoe you are talking about. It is just as god as the normal shoe, you just don't have to polish it anymore. I will suggest one thing though, when you are done wearing them and get home, take them out of your bag so that they can breath.
Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Any suggestion on where you can get these shoes? I looked at the Converse Web Site and couldn't find them.. Man Oh Man they sound nice.. no polishing...

Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 10:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up Look in Referee Magazine.

Referee Magazine has an ad of the shoes sold only by Officials Choice I believe.

I got a pair too, they look really, really nice. They are a little more than regular Whistles or other shoes for that matter, but just think about it, you do not have to shine them anymore. Look at all the time and energy you put into shining shoes that you already have. It is very much worth the money.

Peace

Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 10:53pm
Official Forum Member

I have a pair, took around 2 months to get them. Every time I called about them, he the owner just asked, "what shoes?" I wasn't very impressed.ralph sirmons sells them
Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 10:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question 3 Business days.

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug
I have a pair, took around 2 months to get them. Every time I called about them, he the owner just asked, "what shoes?" I wasn't very impressed.ralph sirmons sells them
Did you get them from Official's Choice? The reason I ask, I ordered 4 pairs for me and for some friends of mine. Had them delivered to my Mom's house when I was visiting for Thanksgiving, and got them in 3 business days. They told me I was getting them in 7-10 business days. I was really impressed. So that is why I asked.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

yes i did, paul anderson was the guy who kept on "forgeting" my order. I ordered 2 pair and got them overnighted and charged an arm and a leg because I needed them for my game, my other shoes were falling apart, it took 2 months and he also told me 7-10 b. days. I asked for a disount, he wouldn't give me one, made me pay for overnight, said if I din't it'd be another 7-10 days! Ralph is much better, there is NO way I would order or recommend anything from them!
Old Mon Jan 14, 2002, 11:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Do not have many choices.

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug
yes i did, paul anderson was the guy who kept on "forgeting" my order. I ordered 2 pair and got them overnighted and charged an arm and a leg because I needed them for my game, my other shoes were falling apart, it took 2 months and he also told me 7-10 b. days. I asked for a disount, he wouldn't give me one, made me pay for overnight, said if I din't it'd be another 7-10 days! Ralph is much better, there is NO way I would order or recommend anything from them!
You might be right, but in the end, they are the only ones that sell the shoes. I would have not even ordered from them if anyone else sold them.

Peace
Old Tue Jan 15, 2002, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

I know ralph sells them and I know paul sells them, 2 people do sell them. I prefer Ralph, he is more timely and handles order problems better than paul. That is just my opinion.
Old Tue Jan 15, 2002, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

Is there a good way to treat these? I know they are shiny but after a few times wearing them, they are starting to get smudges on them. I have had people say use furniture polish or vaseline on them to get them to shine back. Any suggestions?
Old Tue Jan 15, 2002, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

i put vasaline on mine, but they are still skuffed in a little spot, I dunno. would furniture polish ruin them?
Old Tue Jan 15, 2002, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dave Brost
A girl that I work with was once in the service. She polishes her shoes with Armour-All. They look great. I am using it on shoes that I had put Leather Luster on. It works good so far. They keep the shine.