The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 13, 2002, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

This is a NCAA rules situation. Team A scores a basket and team B is carrying the ball out of bounds to inbound it (but is not out of bounds yet) when there is a double foul called. The rule book states on page BR-128 Section 22 Resumption of play - Award to the team in control. During a throw in award to the team in possesion of ball. (In all other cases, use the AP)

So my question is this. In this situation do we have either control or possesion of the ball by team B? I know that if the shot was still in the air when the Double foul was called we would have gone to the AP. But here the shot had gone in and team B was carrying the ball out of bounds to inbound it. We as a crew decided that because the ball was already through the hoop and that team B was the only team entitled to the ball in that situation that Team B had possesion and therefore we gave it to team B on the base line. I do not know if we got it right and I would like to get it right from now on.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2002, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

this play was handled correctly(point of interuption). after any made basket the opposing team is given the ball. it would be just like after the ball going out of bounds, except they get to run the baseline.