The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Off topic - some sad news (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/36581-off-topic-some-sad-news.html)

JugglingReferee Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:35am

Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love given to us and which God imparts on us all, may Kassidy rest in peace and impart on Heaven that which she was Blessed with on Earth.

Kassidy and her family are in my prayers.

rockyroad Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love given to us and which God imparts on us all, may Kassidy rest in peace and impart on Heaven that which she was Blessed with on Earth.

Kassidy and her family are in my prayers.

Amen. My prayers are with her parents and sister now, since she's in a much better place.

piaa_ump Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:53am

my heartfelt sorrow

In my daily devotions, I will struggle with the greater will. My heartfelt sorrow to the family from the baseball board........

Jurassic Referee Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
She passed away this morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Amen-from the officiating fraternity.

Bob M. Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05pm

REPLY: Kassidy has gone home and is now at peace. Let's all pray for her family and friends who need peace at this very difficult time. How poignant a tribute to her family's faith in the Almighty that her website describes her as "healed" this morning.

Rich Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:28pm

There but for the grace of God go I. And go all of us. It seems like yesterday I was just reading the first post from SWVAREF.

I pray for extra strength for the family and will be sending out a hug or twelve from London for my daughter.

Texas Aggie Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:46pm

Why don't we all start thinking about a donation (time as well as money) drive in her name? I know we are all scattered around the country but we can do things like:

-- suggest to our chapter we all donate game fees to Make a wish or other organization that worked with Kassidy
-- have a volunteer day as a chapter or even just a group of officials as a children's hospital

Or...other ideas?

I don't want to just talk about how sad this is for family and friends, and then go on about things. I know God has a purpose for everything and one of the ways he works is to use us who have been touched by these events into action. Actions that work to benefit others -- whether cancer related or not. I ask that we all just be open to opportunities.

Remember one thing when thinking about this: prayer doesn't change God. He's going to do the right thing (his will) regardless. We may not understand that now, but this is always the best thing. Prayer changes YOU (and me)!

Jurassic Referee Mon Jul 16, 2007 01:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Why don't we all start thinking about a donation (time as well as money) drive in her name? I know we are all scattered around the country but we can do things like:

-- suggest to our chapter we all donate game fees to Make a wish or other organization that worked with Kassidy
-- have a volunteer day as a chapter or even just a group of officials as a children's hospital

Or...other ideas?

I don't want to just talk about how sad this is for family and friends, and then go on about things. I know God has a purpose for everything and one of the ways he works is to use us who have been touched by these events into action. Actions that work to benefit others -- whether cancer related or not. I ask that we all just be open to opportunities.

Remember one thing when thinking about this: prayer doesn't change God. He's going to do the right thing (his will) regardless. We may not understand that now, but this is always the best thing. Prayer changes YOU (and me)!

Cancer seems to touch almost every family. There are very few that haven't had some personal experience with this insidious disease. My wife lost her father as a relatively young man and I had a brother stricken with cancer.

The wife of one of this site administrators, Brendan Lyons(a.k.a. BBallJunkie), is also currently courageously fighting a similar battle against cancer.
http://www.lyonsfamily.org/

My wife and I donate every year towards a cancer cure in the name of <b>all</b> victims and their families. Every little bit helps.

TimTaylor Mon Jul 16, 2007 01:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob M.
REPLY: Kassidy has gone home and is now at peace. Let's all pray for her family and friends who need peace at this very difficult time. How poignant a tribute to her family's faith in the Almighty that her website describes her as "healed" this morning.

And let us also remember that while she may be in a better place, there is no doubt that the world is a better place because of the time, tragically short though it may have been, that she was here. She truly touched many lives, both those she knew and those of us that only knew of her.

And He will raise you up on eagles' wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Adam Mon Jul 16, 2007 01:46pm

Honestly, this is the part of life I hate. I hate having to explain to my daughter that sometimes people die young for no sensible reason. I hate having to explain to myself that sometimes people die young for no sensible reason.
It shakes the very core of who we are and what we believe when things like this happen. I want to thank her family for their gracious expression of faith in the face of all this, though. It speaks to us all.

refin1 Mon Jul 16, 2007 01:57pm

family first always

as a clinician and assignor, I always tell fellow officials to put their family first always. We don't know when our last breath or the last breath of loved one will come. I tell my officials to not be affraid to say no to a game if it conflicts with a family matter. There will always be other games, family is way too important to put on the back burner for such a temporary thing as officiating. My prayers are with that family. let's all try to keep #1 #1.

Back In The Saddle Mon Jul 16, 2007 06:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Amen-from the officiating fraternity.

Indeed.<!--/////-->

brandan89 Mon Jul 16, 2007 08:55pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. May the grace of God be with you as you go trough your time of loss.

cloverdale Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:43pm

from our lips to Gods ears ... had the privilage to view her web page...what an beautiful young girl...

MJT Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:33am

I talked to Danny a time or two after he originally posted the news a few months ago. His family has a strong faith and my God help to comfort them during this difficult time. God bless their family and friends.