The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 04, 2007, 06:35pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Camp was great

I learned a lot and one of my goals for the upcoming season will now be accomplished fairly easily. I wanted to see how I could speed up FT administration and one of the instructors went over what should be done. Bet it saves 5 minutes a game in some cases.

An aside. One guy showed up looking like he had just woken from a deep sleep and he had not shaved in a week. All that was missing was the brown bag and the bottle of Old Duke. Figured he would probably shave, but as the weekend progressed, so did his beard, although not very quickly. On the last day as I was headed in to do my final game and he was leaving his final game he told me he got the weirdest comment. I asked what it was and he said they told him he should shave the beard. He did not really grasp what they were saying, I guess. I was thinking the Monday after camp would have been a better time to start a beard. After all, it wasn't deer camp.
Old Wed Jul 04, 2007, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
I learned a lot and one of my goals for the upcoming season will now be accomplished fairly easily. I wanted to see how I could speed up FT administration and one of the instructors went over what should be done. Bet it saves 5 minutes a game in some cases.

An aside. One guy showed up looking like he had just woken from a deep sleep and he had not shaved in a week. All that was missing was the brown bag and the bottle of Old Duke. Figured he would probably shave, but as the weekend progressed, so did his beard, although not very quickly. On the last day as I was headed in to do my final game and he was leaving his final game he told me he got the weirdest comment. I asked what it was and he said they told him he should shave the beard. He did not really grasp what they were saying, I guess. I was thinking the Monday after camp would have been a better time to start a beard. After all, it wasn't deer camp.
What was the REader's Digest version of the instructor's FT administration? I was just thinking about this last night at a men's rec game. This year Georgia High School will be using the women's college lane lineup for FTs (above the block), so my partner and I have instituted it in our men's league since they play by GHSA rules. Why people can't move up a spot and not have to ask a million "why" questions. Rec ball I don't mind the slowness and questions because it's a running clock, but during a high school camp this summer we used this mechanic and it seemed to take the kids forever to lineup regardless of how much we told them to hustle up and move up.
Old Wed Jul 04, 2007, 07:42pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
An aside. One guy showed up looking like he had just woken from a deep sleep and he had not shaved in a week. All that was missing was the brown bag and the bottle of Old Duke.
Hey - give Cappy some credit for at least going to a camp.
Old Wed Jul 04, 2007, 07:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I wanted to see how I could speed up FT administration and one of the instructors went over what should be done. Bet it saves 5 minutes a game in some cases.
And why haven't you shared?