The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jul 01, 2007, 07:41pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
Actually, a good number of WNBA refs are men. (Including one from my local board - he'd be pretty pissed if he knew you assumed he was a woman!)
What I meant was - the cheerleaders are men.
Old Sun Jul 01, 2007, 07:47pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
But it's also possible that the story is completely fabricated by a disgruntled employee.
If I owned a pig farm....and one of my pigs got laryngitis......would that pig be a disgruntled employee too?
Old Sun Jul 01, 2007, 07:51pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
To me, he came just short of jokingly telling the cheerleader to promise to f@ck the officials after the game because it might help him win. And you're defending that. Oh well...
Defending it? Hell, Skippy's sending it to every AD that he knows.

Not that I blame him......
Old Sun Jul 01, 2007, 07:54pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
I believe he did tell that cheerleader to go flirt with the referees. I don't think he cared one bit about how possible or impossible that might have been to accomplish. I believe he actually thought he could have gotten at least some tiny benefit out of it and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that at best he was half-serious.
That's fine. You're entitled to what you believe. All I'm saying, and all I've said all along, is that I don't have any real good reason even to believe that he said it. Further, even if he did say it, I don't have any good reason to believe that he was serious. And, in fact, there are some factors (that MUST be known to him) that might even reasonably be believed to show that he was NOT serious.

Quote:
To me, he came just short of jokingly telling the cheerleader to promise to f@ck the officials after the game because it might help him win.
Yet another reason to think that he wasn't serious. If he thinks that he can give the officials sexual favors and that those favors would help his team, he's beyond an idiot. Is it possible that he's that big an idiot? I suppose it's possible. He did single-handedly destroy the CBA, after all. But I think it unlikely.

Quote:
And you're defending that. Oh well...
Yeah, right. I'm not defending anything. Jeez. All I'm saying (and I'm now saying it for the last time) is that it's quite possible he didn't even make the comment; AND, if he did make the comment, it's quite possible that it was not intended to be taken seriously.
Old Sun Jul 01, 2007, 08:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Yeah, right. I'm not defending anything. Jeez. All I'm saying (and I'm now saying it for the last time) is that it's quite possible he didn't even make the comment; AND, if he did make the comment, it's quite possible that it was not intended to be taken seriously.
What, leaving so soon?

Anyway, it's also just as possible he was serious and meant every word of it.

A lot of money will shift hands to the lawyers before we know the truth (or some reasonable facsimile...).