The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Gear (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/35937-gear.html)

brandan89 Sun Jun 24, 2007 09:52pm

Gear

I am looking to order the micro-mesh shirt but Honigs is out and I really dont want to order from theofficialschoice. Do any of you know any other good places to order gear from. Also for those of you who wear the micro-mesh shirt, should I get it or get another kind?

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:41pm

Try Torch's Referee & Umpire Supplies (http://www.OfficialsSupplies.com), 800-209-8142 , pin no.: 0107. Tell Torch I told you about him.

MTD, Sr.

brandan89 Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:53pm

Do the micro-mesh shirts look alright from off/on the court. I just saw a picture and it compared all 3 types of shirts and the micro-mesh didnt look to hot. Do they look better if you wear a black shirt under them?

Texas Aggie Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:21am

Honigs makes some good products, but I get all my shirts from The Officials Choice. They've got the best hoops shirts on the market by far, in my view. And while I guess the material is mesh of some sort, the "holes" are hard to see from 2 feet away, much less from the stands.

They do run about 3/4 to a full size large, so order accordingly.

Bad Zebra Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:48am

I have a Cliff Keen and Honigs micro-mesh. The black stripe on the CK is a little lighter than Honig's. Other than that, they seem identical. Unless you lay them side by side, the color variation is unnoticeable (sp?). Both feel & function the same (to me , anyway).

...and I would reccommend Torch also. Great service. very reasonable pricing.

BktBallRef Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandan89
I am looking to order the micro-mesh shirt but Honigs is out and I really dont want to order from theofficialschoice. Do any of you know any other good places to order gear from. Also for those of you who wear the micro-mesh shirt, should I get it or get another kind?

Do you need it RIGHT NOW? I'm sure they'll get them in.

tjones1 Wed Jun 27, 2007 08:52am

Quote:

Brandan...you might give The OC another shot. Their shipping costs are down and I got my order ASAP. I know I had a bad experience and vowed not to do business with them until they changed their shipping charges (like most people)...and they did. I'm a big fan of their shirts....just a thought.

brandan89 Wed Jun 27, 2007 04:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1
Brandan...you might give The OC another shot. Their shipping costs are down and I got my order ASAP. I know I had a bad experience and vowed not to do business with them until they changed their shipping charges (like most people)...and they did. I'm a big fan of their shirts....just a thought.

Thanks, I might just do that. :)

IHSAref Wed Jun 27, 2007 05:22pm

I have ordered from the OC numerous times and have had no problems with them. Their shirts are simply put AMAZING. The stripes appear to be sharper then the other materials. They have a sale until July 1 shirts are $16.95. Hopes this helps!!

brandan89 Thu Jun 28, 2007 01:15am

Are any of you ordering the new shirts from The Officials Choice with the black panel under the arms for highschool.

refin1 Thu Jun 28, 2007 08:19am

equipment

gerrydavis sports is a good place to look

stmaryrams Fri Jun 29, 2007 02:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1

I had a good experience with them last summer also. Bought their micro mesh shirts and they looked great and very comfortable.

Mark Padgett Fri Jun 29, 2007 03:49pm

Brandan - micro mesh is definitely the way to go. I've had rec league days where I've had to fill in at the last minute for guys and wound up working six consecutive games. Without micro mesh, I would have perished.

I'd like to find the guy who invented it and give him a big kiss. OK, maybe not from me, but maybe from Juulie. ;)

imaref Fri Jun 29, 2007 05:32pm

Quote:

Are any of you ordering the new shirts from The Officials Choice with the black panel under the arms for highschool.

I own two of them.....they are just as good looking and comfortable as their OC MicroSofter HS model. Wisconsin HS Association doesn't allow us to wear them....they also prohibit the gray shirt option as well. (I mean, what's the problem if the entire crew wears the same?). So....I wear mine in college, juco, aau and summer leagues and tourneys! :)

Back In The Saddle Fri Jun 29, 2007 05:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Brandan - micro mesh is definitely the way to go. I've had rec league days where I've had to fill in at the last minute for guys and wound up working six consecutive games. Without micro mesh, I would have perished.

I'd like to find the guy who invented it and give him a big kiss. OK, maybe not from me, but maybe from Juulie. ;)

What if it was invented by a woman? :D