The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Why would someone's account be disabled? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/35887-why-would-someones-account-disabled.html)

Texas Aggie Fri Jun 22, 2007 09:39pm

Why would someone's account be disabled?

Got an email tonight answering a query I posted on here. The individual told me he'd been a member of this forum for a few years but his account has been disabled. Because he can't post, he says he can't contact the moderator to see what the issue is.

Ideas?

Sorry this is in the hoops forum, but I was afraid it would die on the vine in the general forum.

Jurassic Referee Sat Jun 23, 2007 01:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Because he can't post, he says he can't contact the moderator to see what the issue is.

The moderators--Mick and Bob-- can't disable accounts. Afaik, only Brad, the site owner, can do something like that. He might be able to e-mail him by doing this: click on "Right Sports" at the bottom of this page--on the "Right Sport" home page, click on "contact us" at the bottom of that page.

In my experience, Brad is usually very fair and gives us a pretty long leash. When he disables someone's account, they're usually very deserving of it.

BktBallRef Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
In my experience, Brad is usually very fair and gives us a pretty long leash.

The fact that Jurassic and I are still here is a testament to that! :D

Jurassic Referee Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
The fact that Jurassic and I are still here is a testament to that! :D

Amen!<i></i>

Nevadaref Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:11am

Quote:

Got an email tonight answering a query I posted on here. The individual told me he'd been a member of this forum for a few years but his account has been disabled. Because he can't post, he says he can't contact the moderator to see what the issue is.

Ideas?

Sorry this is in the hoops forum, but I was afraid it would die on the vine in the general forum.

Why bother? Why not just create a new account with a new username and post under that?

bob jenkins Mon Jun 25, 2007 08:24am

Quote:

Ideas?

Who was it? Have him/her write me directly, or you can send me a PM if you'd rather.

Jimgolf Mon Jun 25, 2007 09:10am

Quote:

Ideas?

The last time an account was disabled, it was for posting this very same question .... ;)

Indianaref Tue Jun 26, 2007 08:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Why bother? Why not just create a new account with a new username and post under that?

Probably because "Old School" would like to keep his account name.

tjones1 Wed Jun 27, 2007 08:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref

........:D

26 Year Gap Wed Jul 04, 2007 06:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref

aka "Cappy".