The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   So you think you can ref? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/35440-so-you-think-you-can-ref.html)

Mark Padgett Wed Jun 06, 2007 03:28pm

So you think you can ref?

Wouldn't that make a great reality show for TV? We could have coaches ref scrimmages and have three refs judge them. Any nominations? Personally, I'd love to be on the judges panel with Juulie and Joey Crawford.

How about some suggested judging comments, like "You called over-the-back three times - get over it" or "REACH!!!??? REACH!!!??? - why don't you "REACH" for a rulebook" or "I'd comment on what you just called, but I left my English-Jibberish dictionary at home". :D

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Jun 06, 2007 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Wouldn't that make a great reality show for TV? We could have coaches ref scrimmages and have three refs judge them. Any nominations? Personally, I'd love to be on the judges panel with Juulie and Joey Crawford.

How about some suggested judging comments, like "You called over-the-back three times - get over it" or "REACH!!!??? REACH!!!??? - why don't you "REACH" for a rulebook" or "I'd comment on what you just called, but I left my English-Jibberish dictionary at home". :D

Mark:

I like the concept, but I also think you have too much time on your hands until you summer leagues kick in. :D

MTD, Sr.

Mark Dexter Wed Jun 06, 2007 03:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Mark:

I like the concept, but I also think you have too much time on your hands until you meds kick in. :D

MTD, Sr.

I fixed your earlier post, MTD.

Mark Padgett Wed Jun 06, 2007 04:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Mark:

I like the concept, but I also think you have too much time on your hands until you meds kick in. :D

MTD, Sr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
I fixed your earlier post, MTD.

Unfortunately, my meds were taken by an alien who came down in his ship from the Diebler nebula. He was very nice but I think he conducted too many probes. He promised he would give the meds to the attendant for safe keeping. I think I'll get another bottle right after Nurse Ratched calls "lights out". If I'm a good boy and behave myself, I get extra Jello on Tuesdays. :p

rainmaker Wed Jun 06, 2007 05:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett

You need someone on the panel with a British accent, so they can say, "Well, that was bloody awful!!" It just doesn't come across as well in American.

Mark Padgett Wed Jun 06, 2007 06:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
You need someone on the panel with a British accent, so they can say, "Well, that was bloody awful!!" It just doesn't come across as well in American.

How about Aussie Ref? His accent is probably close enough, mate. :)

Mark Dexter Wed Jun 06, 2007 08:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker

Maybe a "football" referee?

Or would that require us to up the dosage of Padgett's meds?