The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 28, 2001, 06:40pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Since I started the trend of referring to coaches as howler monkeys, I have been asked why. Here are some characteristics of howler monkeys off the site of a famous zoo.

"Lower jaws and necks are quite large. Legs are shorter and stouter than those of the spider monkeys. The powerful prehensile tails are naked on the underside.

The angle of their lower jaws makes it possible for the animals to produce their remarkable loud resonant sounds for which these primates are especially noted. The loud and persistent calls have been heard by people almost two miles away through jungle growth and over three miles away across lakes."

Can you imagine being out on a hike in nature's beautiful country, all alone with your thoughts on a quiet and peaceful day and, all of a sudden, hearing the screech, "CALL IT BOTH WAYS, YOU HOMER"!

Old Fri Dec 28, 2001, 08:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I think most howler monkeys sit on the front row in nearly empty gyms as we call JH games.
Old Fri Dec 28, 2001, 09:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Can you imagine being out on a hike in nature's beautiful country, all alone with your thoughts on a quiet and peaceful day and, all of a sudden, hearing the screech, "CALL IT BOTH WAYS, YOU HOMER"!

Not really, because this would mean that a coach had evolved. As we all know, they can only regress (with some exceptions, of course).
Old Sat Dec 29, 2001, 12:23am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Hey Padgett; the only discription part you missed was their a## is always showing!!

Upon further revue, I stand corrected and you did the discription justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by co2ice on Dec 28th, 2001 at 11:26 PM]
Old Sat Dec 29, 2001, 05:05pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by co2ice
Hey Padgett; the only discription part you missed was their a## is always showing!!

Upon further revue, I stand corrected and you did the discription justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by co2ice on Dec 28th, 2001 at 11:26 PM]
Actually, I think it's orangutans who always have their @sses showing. Those are only the assistant coaches.

Then who would be the baboons? Why, the "expert" fans, of course.