The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   How much are game fees??? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/34973-how-much-game-fees.html)

psycho_ref Thu May 24, 2007 02:56am

How much are game fees???

I am just curious as to how much game fees are across the country. Both for 3-person and 2-person crews. In which city do officials get paid the most?

Nevadaref Thu May 24, 2007 03:35am

Use the search engine. We've had many threads on this before. The NY area seems to have the highest game fees, but remember that everything costs more there.

Bad Zebra Thu May 24, 2007 09:01am

One interesting note for Florida. The official minutes of the Florida High School Athletic Assn. Athletic Directors Advisory Board meeting reflected that a committee has been formed to review the payscale for officials throughout the US. It seems the AD's feel that Florida officials should be paid in the "top third" of all officials in the country becuase of the high caliber of athletes they are responsble for officiating. I found it remarkable that the initiative came from the AD's.

REFVA Thu May 24, 2007 10:09am

Are you talking about regular season or off season? I'l try to give you both

Regular season
Fr/JV B/G $41 2 man
Var B/G $57 3 man

Off season

2 man $25 to $30
3 man $22 to $28
That covers b/G

Junker Thu May 24, 2007 10:20am

Not enough with $40000.00 a gallon gas prices. :D

REFVA Thu May 24, 2007 10:30am

Quote:

One interesting note for Florida. The official minutes of the Florida High School Athletic Assn. Athletic Directors Advisory Board meeting reflected that a committee has been formed to review the payscale for officials throughout the US. It seems the AD's feel that Florida officials should be paid in the "top third" of all officials in the country becuase of the high caliber of athletes they are responsble for officiating. I found it remarkable that the initiative came from the AD's.
In Florida you also travel farther for games than we do in most parts of Virginia

Jimgolf Thu May 24, 2007 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Use the search engine. We've had many threads on this before. The NY area seems to have the highest game fees, but remember that everything costs more there.

As a reference they just sold an apartment for $15 million at the Plaza Hotel. Plus maintenance.

An apartment!

That's a lot of JV games, LOL.

Bad Zebra Thu May 24, 2007 03:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by REFVA
In Florida you also travel farther for games than we do in most parts of Virginia

Can't say for sure about distance, but we always have a separate fee for travel to games in addition to game fees.

BillyMac Thu May 24, 2007 08:22pm

CT Varsity Fees

Connecticut high school varsity, boys and girls, 2006-07, two-man crew: $ 79.87 each. I know this because we play winter basketball here in Connecticut, and believe it or not, I just got my last check, from a game I did on February 21, 2007, last week. I bet that there are not too many Forum members who are due money from a public school high school varsity, 2006-07, winter season, basketball game?

Our fee increase each year will be equal to the average teacher raise in the State of Connecticut.