The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Wic (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/34658-wic.html)

sj Tue May 15, 2007 09:51pm

Wic

A few weeks ago somebody posted here about the acronym WIC. I think it had to do with giving you a way to think about calling flagrant fouls. The W stood for Wind up. What were the other two letters for? Thanks.

Adam Wed May 16, 2007 08:26am

Infants and Children?

sj Wed May 16, 2007 07:37pm

Yours is the best so far.

Raymond Wed May 16, 2007 08:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj
A few weeks ago somebody posted here about the acronym WIC. I think it had to do with giving you a way to think about calling flagrant fouls. The W stood for Wind up. What were the other two letters for? Thanks.

Wind up
Intent
C???

Kelvin green Wed May 16, 2007 09:07pm

How about contact? charisma? could not do anything else? cuddling? carniverous? cavalier?

Scrapper1 Thu May 17, 2007 07:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Wind up
Intent
C???

How about "Clobber", in honor of the new Fantastic Four movie coming out this summer?

It's clobbering time!!

IREFU2 Thu May 17, 2007 03:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by btaylor64
I posted the acronym and it was NOT WIC, it was WIF which stands for Wind-up, Impact and Follow-through. You don't need all 3 present for a flagrant foul to be assessed, but this is just a way to judge the play and let it replay in your mind.

Very interesting!!!!!

btaylor64 Thu May 17, 2007 03:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj

I posted the acronym and it was NOT WIC, it was WIF which stands for Wind-up, Impact and Follow-through. You don't need all 3 present for a flagrant foul to be assessed, but this is just a way to judge the play and let it replay in your mind.

JugglingReferee Thu May 17, 2007 03:53pm

How does a quoted message appear before the message?

sj Thu May 17, 2007 04:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by btaylor64

That explains why I couldn't find it in a search. Thanks.

Jimgolf Fri May 18, 2007 09:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
How does a quoted message appear before the message?

International Date Line.

stmaryrams Fri May 18, 2007 02:58pm

I'm going with a time machine made out of a DeLorean

"I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season and put some money on the Cubbies" - Charles Fleischer in Back to the Future