The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Anybody know the best place to find ref shoes?
Anybody suggest a good brand?
I can't seem to find the old Spot-Bilt or Converse
Runnin' Ref models. Any of you guys wear Avia, Nike,
or Adidas (cross-trainers)?
I am located in San Diego and will be suggesting
to several recruits. Thanks.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 01:13am
Official Forum Member

go to nike.com you can build your own shoe(nikeid). the shoes i made are the nike shox running shoe all black
(165$). but there are other models to choose from as well that arent as expensive. i am an extremist when it comes to shoes!
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

I wear New Balance. I've had two pair and can't seem to wear them out. The only reason I bought the second pair was to send them off to Leather Luster. But these shoes and the Spenco insoles are the best shoes I've had. I've worn the Converse, Avia, and Spot-bilt, but have enjoyed the New Balance the best.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

the best officiating shoes can be found at officialchoice.com (i think that is the address) they are patent leather officiating shoes, they are converse all star whistle. i just bought a pair, they are great. they are 79.99 + shipping. the merchants name is paul anderson, i have the 1-800 number if you would like it.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 04:01pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier
I wear New Balance. I've had two pair and can't seem to wear them out. The only reason I bought the second pair was to send them off to Leather Luster. But these shoes and the Spenco insoles are the best shoes I've had. I've worn the Converse, Avia, and Spot-bilt, but have enjoyed the New Balance the best.

Hoosier,
I'm with you.
NB 608 and Spencos
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug
the best officiating shoes can be found at officialchoice.com (i think that is the address) they are patent leather officiating shoes, they are converse all star whistle. i just bought a pair, they are great. they are 79.99 + shipping. the merchants name is paul anderson, i have the 1-800 number if you would like it.
The address doesn't work. Any other ideas?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

the phone number is 1-800-480-4477. I wore them again today for a tourney, they are very comfy! From what i have been told, there is only one place in the country that sells them, it is in morristown new jersey, so they take a while to get. the owner, paul anderson, told me 7-10 days and it took a month, and i overnighted them! They take a while, but they are worth it! I went to the right call camp in madison wisconsion, and the coordinator was a sales rep, so that is how i got them. good luck

Doug
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug
the phone number is 1-800-480-4477. I wore them again today for a tourney, they are very comfy! From what i have been told, there is only one place in the country that sells them, it is in morristown new jersey, so they take a while to get. the owner, paul anderson, told me 7-10 days and it took a month, and i overnighted them! They take a while, but they are worth it! I went to the right call camp in madison wisconsion, and the coordinator was a sales rep, so that is how i got them. good luck

Doug
What shoe only exists in one place? If you're talking about the Converse Whistle, I got mine from Honig's.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 08:16pm
Official Forum Member

I wear Avia MB 338. They come in EEE to fit my fat feet. I will only wear a pair for one season as they, like other shoes I have tried, begin to break down with excess wear. For rec league or youth ball where I do three to four games in a row, I wear Dr. Scholl's running shoes. That's right, Dr. Scholl's! Lots of support and cushioning, ok for running north and south but not as mobile for side to side action. For being on my feet for three to four hours, they work real well.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

Actually, I found spot bilt and avia in the officiating.com Mall on the home page. I wear the avia and have for years. They have a nice high arch.
Old Sun Dec 09, 2001, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

no, not all star whistle, they are patent leather. i looked around and could not find them anywhere else, they are different then the ones sold at hoings.

[Edited by Doug on Dec 10th, 2001 at 06:52 AM]
Old Mon Dec 10, 2001, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

Hoosier: re Leather Luster

Do you actually send your shoes to Leather Luster for them to do the application? If so, what do they charge and how long does it take? I know LL stinks to high heaven when you apply it -- use in "well ventilated area".
Old Mon Dec 10, 2001, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to deeceegreen
If you don't want to pay a lot, Edge Sports USA has the Run N' Refs for $24.99. You may have to call them 1-800-432-9443 because their website seems to have some problems (www.edgesportsusa.com).
Old Mon Dec 10, 2001, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
JC Penney's has the New Balance 608 all black for $49.99, bought me a pair and just love 'em.

They come in D EE & 4E widths.
Old Sat Dec 15, 2001, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
shoes

try http://www.honnigs.com