The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Nets Raptors (4 officials?) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/34061-nets-raptors-4-officials.html)

Jay R Sat Apr 28, 2007 08:54am

Nets Raptors (4 officials?)

According to NBA.COM, four officials were listed for last night's game between Toronto and New Jersey.. When I started watching in the 2nd half, B Fryer, T Washington and M Wunderlich were the officials. But David Jones is also listed in the boxscore I wonder did Jones get hurt in the 1st half?

Adam Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:06am

Who are the Nets Raptors?

canuckrefguy Sun Apr 29, 2007 01:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Who are the Nets Raptors?

:rolleyes:

tjones1 Sun Apr 29, 2007 01:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay R
According to NBA.COM, four officials were listed for last night's game between Toronto and New Jersey.. When I started watching in the 2nd half, B Fryer, T Washington and M Wunderlich were the officials. But David Jones is also listed in the boxscore I wonder did Jones get hurt in the 1st half?

That or it was a misprint.

MOofficial Wed May 02, 2007 12:20am

During the NBA playoffs, they have 4 officials for each game. They use the 3 for the game, and in case one of them goes down there is a backup there ready to go. I heard them talking about it earlier in the playoffs, thats how I know this information

Nevadaref Wed May 02, 2007 01:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOofficial
During the NBA playoffs, they have 4 officials for each game. They use the 3 for the game, and in case one of them goes down there is a backup there ready to go. I heard them talking about it earlier in the playoffs, thats how I know this information

Quite true, but unless he actually works, the alternate's name doesn't appear in the box score. That is why the OP surmised that perhaps one official started the game, got hurt, and then the alternate came in. Hence there were four names listed in the box score.

BTW I have no idea what actually happened with that game.

Perhaps they needed a fourth official to convert everything to metric for the Canadian team! :D

JugglingReferee Wed May 02, 2007 05:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Perhaps they needed a fourth official to convert everything to metric for the Canadian team! :D

Hey! I rueusueunut that! :eek:

crazy voyager Sun May 06, 2007 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOofficial

Is the 4th official still getting all his money? If so, that can be the easiest job in the world (if none of the other 3 gets hurt offcourse:rolleyes: ).