The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Inside Belt (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/34053-inside-belt.html)

ref18 Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:01pm

Inside Belt

I'm just bought one of those rubber belts to wear on the inside of my pants to keep my shirt tucked in and pants at a constant height.

The problem is, when I suit up with the belt, the belt sits just below the elastic waistband of my sansabelts, and from the outside it looks like I've got an inner tube wrapped around my midsection.

I'm guessing I'm not doing this right, or is this how it's supposed to work?

Thanks for any help.

howie719 Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:03pm

when I've used this in the past I wear it lower down.

ref18 Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by howie719
when I've used this in the past I wear it lower down.

How far down...I had my pants tailored to fit me...so their really isn't that much extra room, so wherever i put the damn thing, you can see the outline right through the pants.

Old School Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:18pm

Sounds like you're not doing something right. If you got the belt with the holes in it. Cut off the ends so there is not a lot of slack left over. They're like that, one size fits all. I prefer the black velcro belt because of ease of use, plus it is the same color as my pants should it slip up and out of the pants while working. Nothing looks worse to me than that creme color belt coming out of your pants while running and you don't know it. Hope that helps.

tjones1 Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:21pm

If it doesn't look good, and you can't figure something out, I would suggest tucking your shirt into your compression shorts/pants.

ref18 Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1
If it doesn't look good, and you can't figure something out, I would suggest tucking your shirt into your compression shorts/pants.

Yeah...that's what I've been doing, I just wanted to try something new...but I guess, if it's not broke, don't fix it :p

eyezen Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:41pm

One thing that works good for me is in addition to tucking my shirt into my compression shorts, I put cheap double sided carpet tape on the inside of my pants.

Scrapper1 Fri Apr 27, 2007 06:59pm

This comes up more often than you might think. :)

http://forum.officiating.com/showthr...ight=flex+belt

JugglingReferee Fri Apr 27, 2007 07:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref18
The problem is, when I suit up with the belt, the belt sits just below the elastic waistband of my sansabelts, and from the outside it looks like I've got an inner tube wrapped around my midsection.

Joules,

You do have an inner tube wrapped around you midsection, only it's not a flex belt. :eek: :eek: :eek:

sphinxicu Tue May 01, 2007 04:48pm

Solution

I don't know if you are near a military base and know someone active, retired or in the reserves, but the base clothing and sales store sells shirt garters. I am retired Army and used these garters that attach to your referee shirt and to your socks. There is a clasp to adjust the tension of the garters making your shirt stay in one place. Many of my association and college conference officials have requested that I get pairs of garters for them. If you ever see the Marines looking trim and tight in their dress uniforms, that's how they do it.

Sphinxicu

Jurassic Referee Tue May 01, 2007 05:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1

The easiest way is to staple the bottom of your shirt to your underwear.

It's true, it's true........

Adam Tue May 01, 2007 05:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphinxicu
I don't know if you are near a military base and know someone active, retired or in the reserves, but the base clothing and sales store sells shirt garters. I am retired Army and used these garters that attach to your referee shirt and to your socks. There is a clasp to adjust the tension of the garters making your shirt stay in one place. Many of my association and college conference officials have requested that I get pairs of garters for them. If you ever see the Marines looking trim and tight in their dress uniforms, that's how they do it.

Sphinxicu

And here I thought it was lots and lots of sit-ups. Who knew?

bob jenkins Tue May 01, 2007 08:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
The easiest way is to staple the bottom of your shirt to your underwear.

It's true, it's true........

Wimp. I just staple it to my thighs.

Mark Dexter Tue May 01, 2007 08:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins
Wimp. I just staple it to my thighs.

That's nothing - I got an orthopaedic surgeon to suture mine to my femurs.