The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 07:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Off-topic, but acceptable, I hope

Anyone get damaged or injured by the latest East Coast storm?
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 09:38pm
M.A.S.H.

I wish this was the only thing I heard from the East Coast today...simply a sad, sad day.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 10:15am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Assuming you're referencing the shooting. Yes, it is a very sad day. It was only last year with a shooting at Dawson College in Montreal. Prayers go out to the affected families.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Assuming you're referencing the shooting.
Actually, I was referring to the storm, ie weather, wind, rain, etc. Just wondering if anyone who posts here had any effects from it. I posted before I heard about the shooting.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Up here in NH we received lots of damage. Heavy wind and rain--we were without power for about 16 hours. However no real damage to home and 16 hours is not that bad considering I have friends who will be without power for 3-5 days. Sure has turned out to be a bad spring up here. In my real job I am Director of Operations of a Golf Club--two weeks ago I thought we would be opening this Friday--now I am not sure when we will get open--hopefully by the end of the month. Since then we have had snow, cold and about 35 tress down from last storm. Once again nothing too bad just something else to worry about.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 05:05pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Actually, I was referring to the storm, ie weather, wind, rain, etc. Just wondering if anyone who posts here had any effects from it. I posted before I heard about the shooting.
Maybe if I'd've read what you wrote, I'd've known that.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

I'm working in Colorado this week, but my wife said they had a lot of wind and rain, but apparently no damage to our house. She said a couple of the neighbors had pieces of siding come loose, but not much damage. On of my team members said his wife told him they had some roofing shingles fly off. guess we will find out when we get home Friday.
Old Thu Apr 19, 2007, 09:24pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by som44
Up here in NH we received lots of damage. Heavy wind and rain--we were without power for about 16 hours. However no real damage to home and 16 hours is not that bad considering I have friends who will be without power for 3-5 days. Sure has turned out to be a bad spring up here. In my real job I am Director of Operations of a Golf Club--two weeks ago I thought we would be opening this Friday--now I am not sure when we will get open--hopefully by the end of the month. Since then we have had snow, cold and about 35 tress down from last storm. Once again nothing too bad just something else to worry about.
Where in NH? We were supposed to have our workday on the 14th before more snow came. We were closer to opening 3 weeks ago than now if that makes any sense.

My sister-in-law's son is at Maine now, but was an engineering student at VA Tech the previous 2 yrs. I don't know if anyone he knew was hurt or killed, but certainly people he knows were scarred.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2007, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

sorry, I have not checked in in awhile--I am in Campton, NH--now it looks like we will open this Friday. Course is in prety good shape remembering it is still very early.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2007, 07:27pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Very familiar with the area. Used to go to the campground on Rte 49 as a kid. And to the eddy before there was a sign.

Are you at Owl's Nest?
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 07:17am
Official Forum Member

Sure enough--I am the Director of Operations at Owl's Nest..looks like we will open on Friday--course wintered OK...early season conditions..as you know with the weather up here early season can be tough..our goal is good by memorial day and great by Mid June--we got a new superintendent (2nd year) who is great..sure makes my job easier...if you are ever in the area look me up..are you from NH.. I know the campground and eddy you spoke about.
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 09:36am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send me a PM. I am in northern VT. I am heading down to Manchester next week for a dinner meeting, but could be persuaded to make an emergency stop on the way down for about 4 hours or so.