The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Women's BIG XII Coordinator of Officials fired (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/33566-womens-big-xii-coordinator-officials-fired.html)

smoref Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:19am

Women's BIG XII Coordinator of Officials fired

I talked to a person who works in the BIG XII and was told that Becky Marshall was fired. He also said that she has resigned as the coordinator for the Sunbelt and the Southland Confrneces as well.

LouisianaDave Tue Apr 10, 2007 02:52pm

I got an email from Becky confirming that she is no longer the coordinator for those three conferences. Anyone know what happened.

TRef21 Tue Apr 10, 2007 05:46pm

Holy Crap! I Wonder What Happened?

WhistlesAndStripes Tue Apr 10, 2007 06:02pm

I wonder if she was romantically involved with that coach from the LSU Women's team?

TRef21 Tue Apr 10, 2007 06:04pm

NA! LSU isn't in the Big 12 and why would a coordinator put a great job like that on the line.

WhistlesAndStripes Tue Apr 10, 2007 06:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21
NA! LSU isn't in the Big 12 and why would a coordinator put a great job like that on the line.

Cause sometimes you just gotta go with your heart!!

Scrapper1 Tue Apr 10, 2007 06:08pm

Maybe it was an "investment company" like in the . . . wait for it. . .

Dan_ref Tue Apr 10, 2007 06:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Maybe it was an "investment company" like in the . . . wait for it. . .

:)

<b> </b>

CLH Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:06pm

I got the same email from Becky saying she was no longer employed, and apologized for the inconvenience for those who were attending her camp like myself.

CLH

Texas Aggie Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:07pm

Quote:

I wonder if she was romantically involved with that coach from the LSU Women's team?
I realize this was in jest, but as someone who knows Becky personally, this isn't funny and is uncalled for.

TRef21 Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
I realize this was in jest, but as someone who knows Becky personally, this isn't funny and is uncalled for.

WhistlesandStripes if you don't mind I think you should take down this his post. We are all professionals in here and one of our colleagues had an unfortunate thing happen to her.

BOBBYMO Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie

I couldn't agree with you any more Aggie!!! I was sad/shocked to receive the email.

Becky and her camps helped mold me into the official that I am today. I have been very lucky over the years in my officiating career ( at every level that I work) and I owe most of it to Becky.

I was also looking forward to attending her camp again this year.

She will be missed by many officials!!!

(Whistles and Stripes if you have any heart at all you will take your post down)...JMO

JRutledge Wed Apr 11, 2007 01:35am

Even though I may agree that the comments about this person might be totally unfair. And I do not support much of anything said by the specific individual. This is after all the internet and if others made similar comments toward other individuals and their unfortunate departures. Just because you know them does not take away that similar comments were made towards those people as well. Taking down these comments are not going to change the jokes or comments in the future.

Peace

Old School Wed Apr 11, 2007 09:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21
We are all professionals in here and one of our colleagues had an unfortunate thing happen to her.

What was the unfortunate thing? I'm only concerned about the position she now does not have and if something happen that we can all learn from. That is the question?

MadCityRef Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
Even though I may agree that the comments about this person might be totally unfair. And I do not support much of anything said by the specific individual. This is after all the internet and if others made similar comments toward other individuals and their unfortunate departures. Just because you know them does not take away that similar comments were made towards those people as well. Taking down these comments are not going to change the jokes or comments in the future.

Peace

There's a Mr. Imus on the phone for you.