The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Word of thanks to all on this board (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/33428-word-thanks-all-board.html)

BBallfanatic Thu Apr 05, 2007 05:53pm

Word of thanks to all on this board

While I may not post here as often as i could (should), I would like to thank everyone on here for their insight in this sport. I have learned tremendous amounts and have changed my philosophy to adapt to the good advice given on this board.

The other night, my association had a meeting to to let in interns become regular charter members. I was one out of the four that got picked. I feel fortunate as this is my 3rd year reffing high school games. I feel like my hard work in during the season and off-season is really showing.

I continue to attend as many camps as I can and I strive to become a better official. I just wanted to thank everyone for posting their thoughts on here. I will work hard to participate on the board as well.

Everyone have a good easter (or weekend to be politically correct :) )

jkjenning Thu Apr 05, 2007 06:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBallfanatic
... I would like to thank everyone on here for there insight in this sport. I have learned tremendous amounts and have changed my philosophy to adapt to the good advice given on this board.

...I was one out of the four that got picked. I feel fortunate as this is my 3rd year reffing high school games. I feel like my hard work in during the season and off-season is really showing.

Congratulations! This is the end of my 3rd year also, though I discovered this forum later than you; like you, I'm certainly working hard, and successfully, to improve from year to year. I'll echo your thanks to the board as my own because I appreciate the insights and even the helpful insults which are shared here. :D

I'm looking forward to getting about six years under my belt and hope by then to have "found my own equilibrium" as an official. For now, I work to listen and question (seems like you do more listening!). I'll attend two camps this summer, but probably will not be able to muster more than that - life IS, you know...

Happy Easter! He lives!! :)

Mark Padgett Thu Apr 05, 2007 06:41pm

Quote:

While I may not post here as often as i could (should), I would like to thank everyone on here for there insight in this sport.

You're welcome. I hope you also appreciate our insight into grammar and spelling - "there" should be "their" and "i" should be "I". ;)

BBallfanatic Thu Apr 05, 2007 06:45pm

Please forgive me on the grammar. I knew I should have have proofread. Just a long hectic day at work :D

Mark Padgett Thu Apr 05, 2007 06:48pm

Quote:

Please forgive me on the grammar. I knew I should have have proofread. Just a long hectic day at work :D

You're missing a period at the end of your last sentence. ;)

OK - I'll stop now.

jkjenning Thu Apr 05, 2007 07:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
You're missing a period at the end of your last sentence.

It was a big green period :D

Mark Padgett Thu Apr 05, 2007 07:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkjenning

My high school girlfriend had one of those once. Man - that was scary!!! :eek:

Adam Thu Apr 05, 2007 09:24pm

Quote:

I'm guessing she had this at your 40 year reunion?

TRef21 Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:00pm

Quote:

While I may not post here as often as i could (should), I would like to thank everyone on here for their insight in this sport. I have learned tremendous amounts and have changed my philosophy to adapt to the good advice given on this board.

The other night, my association had a meeting to to let in interns become regular charter members. I was one out of the four that got picked. I feel fortunate as this is my 3rd year reffing high school games. I feel like my hard work in during the season and off-season is really showing.
n as
I continue to attend as many camps as I can and I strive to become a better official. I just wanted to thank everyone for posting their thoughts on here. I will work hard to participate on the board as well.

Congrats you guys! Keep doing what are doing and you will be successful! Have a great camp season! Looks like im going to a bunch again as well

Mark Dexter Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:31pm

Quote:

Not as scary as her not having a period. :eek:

JoeTheRef Fri Apr 06, 2007 08:56am

Quote:

First off Congratulations. Second, I concur, this forum is a tremendous asset for an official. The debate that often goes on makes an official really dig into the rules and case book. In spite of some of the ignorance that comes on here as well, the thought that we're still talking about FED and NCAA caseplays a month removed from the regular season can only help any basketball official. I too want to say thanks to everyone. Hope this forum continues through the off-season. I'm sure we'll all have a bunch of AAU/WreckBall stories to share.

BBallfanatic Fri Apr 06, 2007 01:50pm

I am working one AAU Tournament this year. Sat and Sunday deal. That's enough for me for summer games. Then I'll work a few camps. There's one in Duluth (MN) in July that I've gone to the last 3 years... Great stuff there. After that it'll be time to start bringing out the white knickers, zebra shirts with collars and the flags. :)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Apr 06, 2007 03:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkjenning

Are you sure you were dating an alien sent for another world to conquer Earth. :D

MTD, Sr.

Mark Padgett Fri Apr 06, 2007 09:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
I'm guessing she had this at your 40 year reunion?

FYI - my 40 year HS reunion was in 2005! BTW - I graduated HS and then started college at age 16. You do the math.

mick Sun Apr 08, 2007 08:28pm

Quote:

FYI - my 40 year HS reunion was in 2005! BTW - I graduated HS and then started college at age 16. You do the math.

I can do that.
It's the old math.