The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Taunting according to NCAA Women's Coordinator (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/33318-taunting-according-ncaa-womens-coordinator.html)

truerookie Sun Apr 01, 2007 08:43pm

Taunting according to NCAA Women's Coordinator

I find this interesting.

The women's coordinator of official stated. It is not taunting if the player is not displaying negative gestures towards the opposing player or an official. Is this not Mary Struckhoff?

TRef21 Sun Apr 01, 2007 09:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by truerookie
I find this interesting.

The women's coordinator of official stated. It is not taunting if the player is not displaying negative gestures towards the opposing player or an official. Is this not Mary Struckhoff?

I think it might be Marcy Weston

JRutledge Sun Apr 01, 2007 09:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21
I think it might be Marcy Weston

The current coordinator is Mary Struckoff. Marcy Weston left about 2 seasons ago.

Peace

BktBallRef Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:02pm

Quote:

I find this interesting.

I don't display negatives gestures toward you.

Why do you think that should be taunting? :confused:

Jurassic Referee Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:30am

Quote:

Cool!

You can call someone a f**king azzhole, and that's OK if you don't make any negative gestures while doing so.

Are you sure that's what they actually mean with that interpretation?

NewNCref Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Cool!

You can call someone a f**king azzhole, and that's OK if you don't make any negative gestures while doing so.

I hope that's what it means. If so, I'm going to propose the college intramural league I work in switch to NCAA-W rules. That will drastically reduce my number of T's per year.

OHBBREF Mon Apr 02, 2007 07:27am

I think that the announcer may have mis quoted the interpretation.

But it would be rare for that to happen wouldn't it?

We were tole that taunting could be language or gestures that were negative or demaning directed toward a player, or official. However, most anything of this nature directed toward an official would be unsporting - .

truerookie Mon Apr 02, 2007 09:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
I don't display negatives gestures toward you.

Why do you think that should be taunting? :confused:

BBR, if the gestures you are displaying are not (directly) in my face. I will say it is not taunting. However, that confused look is taunting:D

truerookie Mon Apr 02, 2007 09:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Cool!

I'm not totally sure. I just thought it was interesting that the announcer received this interpretation (first hand) from the Women's Coordinator.