The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 03, 2001, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

OK, I think my partner and I really screwed this one up. NCAA mens, first half free throw for A1,we see that A has 3 men on the free throw lane, my partner moves one out before the free throw, no problem. Second half, same situation except that this time we miss it and let the 3rd guy stay there for the 1st free throw which is good. Now the B coach is yelling saying that the free throw is no good. We come together and decide that seeing we told them once in the first half that indeed the free throw is no good and we move the guy out and shoot the 2nd free throw. Right or Wrong.

DB
Old Mon Dec 03, 2001, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
I think you did it right since you caught the violation before anything else happened.

What you have here is a free throw violation by A, which cancels the throw. Since you caught this immediately, you're OK. If you had waited until after the 2nd throw, then you would have had to count the throw, since it would not be a correctable errror.
Old Mon Dec 03, 2001, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lotto
What you have here is a free throw violation by A, which cancels the throw. Since you caught this immediately, you're OK. If you had waited until after the 2nd throw, then you would have had to count the throw, since it would not be a correctable errror.
Is failing to call a violation a correctable error in NCAA?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Dec 03, 2001, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

no where in the rule book does it say that having 3 offensive players in the lane is a violation. there is no penalty. (look under violations and penalties) it is just a screw up on the officials part.