The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Did Ted Valentine really make this call... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/33113-did-ted-valentine-really-make-call.html)

SWMOzebra Mon Mar 26, 2007 09:04am

Did Ted Valentine really make this call...

...or did the Westwood 1 radio announcers kick it? Driving back from St. Louis on Saturday, I thought I heard the announcer say that he called a 3-second lane violation. At the time I thought that surely the announcer had misunderstood the signal from the floor, but a friend watching the game on TV asked me about it yesterday.

Did anyone see what the call actually was?

tjones1 Mon Mar 26, 2007 09:12am

Yes he did call a three second violation early in the game.

Jurassic Referee Mon Mar 26, 2007 09:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMOzebra
...or did the Westwood 1 radio announcers kick it? Driving back from St. Louis on Saturday, I thought I heard the announcer say that he called a 3-second lane violation. At the time I thought that surely the announcer had misunderstood the signal from the floor, but a friend watching the game on TV asked me about it yesterday.

Did anyone see what the call actually was?

Why is that a big deal?:confused:

I've seen several 3-second calls so far in the tournament. And every one was a good call imo, including Valentine's.

SWMOzebra Mon Mar 26, 2007 09:16am

Thanks. Between all the other announcing flubs that have taken place during the tournament and how seldom I see this call being made at the collegiate level especially, I just automatically presumed that they misunderstood his call.

SWMOzebra Mon Mar 26, 2007 09:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Why is that a big deal?:confused:

I've seen several 3-second calls so far in the tournament. And every one was a good call imo, including Valentine's.

Didn't say that it was a big deal and I'm not questioning the call, I was listening to the radio, not actually watching the game and the announcer seemed confused at first as to whether there was a foul or violation.

BktBallRef Mon Mar 26, 2007 09:48am

Quote:

Didn't say that it was a big deal ....

Your topic, "Did Ted Valentine really make this call... " sounded like you thought it was a big deal.

SWMOzebra Mon Mar 26, 2007 09:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Your topic, "Did Ted Valentine really make this call... " sounded like you thought it was a big deal.

:o My bad...guess I should have worded it better. It was really the radio announcers I was questioning, not Valentine or the call!

OHBBREF Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:31am

Quote:

:o My bad...guess I should have worded it better. It was really the radio announcers I was questioning, not Valentine or the call!

W/O permission (but I couldn't resist) :eek:

Stupid Monkeys! :D