The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Why is it? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/32799-why.html)

tomegun Fri Mar 16, 2007 06:54am

Why is it?

Why is it that ESPN was talking all about the tournament all week long - over and over again - but when Duke loses they don't have every analyst breaking down the brackets like before? :D

Dickie V was one sad puppy last night! Go DUKE!

JugglingReferee Fri Mar 16, 2007 06:57am

Duke losing in the 1st round was "unimaginable". ESPN didn't prepare for this outcome, and now don't know what to do next. :D

ronny mulkey Fri Mar 16, 2007 07:46am

I'm a Ga. Tech fan and an ACC fan but if a team has to go then I'm glad it was Duke. I only saw a small bit of Coach Kruzeski's post game where he always states how proud he is of his players.

Did he spend any time defending their strategy of trying to guard the untra quick guard from UVC with a non-athletic player. What a mismatch. Maybe, Duke didn't have anybody that could stay with him? Did he think that UVC woild call a TO?

Awesome Baby!

ranjo Fri Mar 16, 2007 08:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronny mulkey
I'm a Ga. Tech fan and an ACC fan but if a team has to go then I'm glad it was Duke. I only saw a small bit of Coach Kruzeski's post game where he always states how proud he is of his players.

Did he spend any time defending their strategy of trying to guard the untra quick guard from UVC with a non-athletic player. What a mismatch. Maybe, Duke didn't have anybody that could stay with him? Did he think that UVC woild call a TO?

Awesome Baby!

That would be VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) I know the name quite well because of the checks I have been sending them for the last four years.

tomegun Fri Mar 16, 2007 09:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronny mulkey

What do you mean? Paulus or Paulis or whatever, couldn't guard him? He is super sensational baby! Such a smart player baby!

stmaryrams Fri Mar 16, 2007 09:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun
What do you mean? Paulus or Paulis or whatever, couldn't guard him? He is super sensational baby! Such a smart player baby!

Is he related to Beano Cook's 4 time Heisman winner Ron Powlus?

Take it to the bank babeeee!

Jurassic Referee Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:06am

They kept showing Christian Laettner during the game. Duke sure could have used him during this game quite a few times. There were times when VCU players fell on the floor, and <b>nobody</b> was there to stomp on them.:D

rockyroad Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
They kept showing Christian Laettner during the game. Duke sure could have used him during this game quite a few times. There were times when VCU players fell on the floor, and <b>nobody</b> was there to stomp on them.:D

Inconceivable...but at least they didn't break anyone's nose as they were losing...so they have maybe learned a little more class in the last few weeks.

ncump7 Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:20am

Maybe, but with the long layoff until next season they will be right back to square one.

Adam Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:27am

Does that mean Duke ended with a three game losing streak?

tomegun Fri Mar 16, 2007 03:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Does that mean Duke ended with a three game losing streak?

I think it might have been four games. But they are still supper sensational baby!
They will get their usual group of blue-chippers in next year and will eventually be good again.

26 Year Gap Fri Mar 16, 2007 07:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

I LOVED how they showed him, talked about needing to hit the big guy near the foul line on a long pass...and the big guy takes it OOB for the throw-in.