The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Sawbo

Anyone going to this camp in April? Its in Durham NC.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

I'm seriously considering going. Talk about jumping in head first. I called the ACC just to see if I'd get laughed off the court if I showed up and they said newbies are more than welcome, just to try hard to learn 3-man mechanics before showing up.

I've got a lot of studying to do...
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
I'm seriously considering going. Talk about jumping in head first. I called the ACC just to see if I'd get laughed off the court if I showed up and they said newbies are more than welcome, just to try hard to learn 3-man mechanics before showing up.

I've got a lot of studying to do...
You dont know 3 man?
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
You dont know 3 man?
Nope. He told me to come anyway.

Like I said, I've got a lot of studying to do, and I gotta find some way to get a little on-the-court experience before then.

I'm not afraid of showing up and looking like an idiot as long as I learn and meet some people who are willing to teach me. That's the only way to get better.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
Nope. He told me to come anyway.

Like I said, I've got a lot of studying to do, and I gotta find some way to get a little on-the-court experience before then.

I'm not afraid of showing up and looking like an idiot as long as I learn and meet some people who are willing to teach me. That's the only way to get better.
Well I will be there along with one of my officiating buddies from my board. I do a lot of 3 man and have been to tons of camps. I am going try to get in on the womens side. Hopefully someone will like what they see.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2007, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
Well I will be there along with one of my officiating buddies from my board. I do a lot of 3 man and have been to tons of camps. I am going try to get in on the womens side. Hopefully someone will like what they see.
Is anyone else going to this camp besides IREF? IREF are you already registered? I ask because I will be attending this camp. I was able to get a room at the Wyndam which is across the street from the Marriott on SAWBO's site, for $45 a night on Priceline. THe regular room rate was $161.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2007, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
Is anyone else going to this camp besides IREF? IREF are you already registered? I ask because I will be attending this camp. I was able to get a room at the Wyndam which is across the street from the Marriott on SAWBO's site, for $45 a night on Priceline. THe regular room rate was $161.
I went last year and had a blast. I wish I lived in the area. Really good instructors and feedback.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2007, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

From someone who has gone to that "camp", you better know the NCAA women's 3 person mechanics. There is some instruction but very little. The play is quite good at times and your are at either UNC, Duke or NCST. Be ready to work. No shot clock, HS rules, but NCAA WOMENS 3 man mechanics. Good luck
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 07:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
Yes, I have registered and got my confirmation. My mom lives in the area, so I will be staying with her for the duration of the camp.