The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fee Update (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/32649-fee-update.html)

26 Year Gap Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:41am

Fee Update

Just had our spring meeting in Vermont yesterday. Game fees are presently $30 JV/Frosh & $50 V. Next year $35/$55. Following year $40/$65. Third year $45/$75. Mileage at 40.5 cents & will be examined each year.

3 man V crews are required at different levels depending on school size. 4 HG for Girls & 4 for Boys at largest schools, descending by one each for the other 3 levels of enrollment. No game fee splits.

johnSandlin Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:51pm

In Michigan,

They allow each conference to dictate that pay rates for officials. In my area, JV is averaging $35/$40. Varsity is averaging $50/$70 for each person. To my knowledge all of the conferences in my area are running 3-man crews for the varsity games.

When it comes to the playoffs, each round has a set amount for pay in each sport with mileage set at $.15 a mile round trip. When you get selected to the semi finals or state finals, you are then get a food allowance per day, get a comped hotel room.

Nevadaref Sun Mar 11, 2007 03:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Just had our spring meeting in Vermont yesterday. Game fees are presently $30 JV/Frosh & $50 V. Next year $35/$55. Following year $40/$65. Third year $45/$75. Mileage at 40.5 cents & will be examined each year.

3 man V crews are required at different levels depending on school size. 4 HG for Girls & 4 for Boys at largest schools, descending by one each for the other 3 levels of enrollment. No game fee splits.

Wow, your fees are going to go up 50% in three years! I wish I had that rate of return on my investments. :)

PS In terms of fees, your area is going to go from well below mine to well above in only a couple of years time.

26 Year Gap Sun Mar 11, 2007 04:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Wow, your fees are going to go up 50% in three years! I wish I had that rate of return on my investments. :)

PS In terms of fees, your area is going to go from well below mine to well above in only a couple of years time.

They had been flat-lined or pretty close to that for at least 4 years. It will put the fees closer to what NH has next door.

Mark Padgett Sun Mar 11, 2007 07:21pm

A few weeks ago I filled in at one of my rec league 6th grade games. I worked it by myself and it was a "single" game. Due to those circumstances, it paid $38 (I get $22 per rec game - $25 for HS rec - 1.5 time rate for working alone and an extra $5 for a "single" game). Not bad for about 45 minutes worth of walking from 3 point line to 3 point line and blowing a whistle every few minutes. :)

BktBallRef Sun Mar 11, 2007 07:35pm

Is that Greek?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
4 HG for Girls & 4 for Boys at largest schools, descending by one each for the other 3 levels of enrollment. No game fee splits.

WTH are you talking about? :confused:

26 Year Gap Sun Mar 11, 2007 08:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
WTH are you talking about? :confused:

HS teams have a 20 game schedule. 10 home games [HG]. Largest schools have to schedule a minimum of 4 of those to be 3 person crews for both boys and girls. Div 2 schools have to have 3 each, etc.

BktBallRef Sun Mar 11, 2007 09:19pm

LOL! I would never have got that out of what you wrote.

Different regions, different languages. ;)

Nevadaref Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:31pm

I'm glad that you asked, Tony, because I didn't understand what he meant either.:confused:

My area is like yours in that we work 3-man on all varsity games both boys and girls during the regular season for the largest two classifications in my state. You might use three at every level where you are. :)