The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Lsu Women (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/32626-lsu-women.html)

secondregionbug Sat Mar 10, 2007 03:37pm

Lsu Women

What In The World Is Going On In This La School? Wow

johnSandlin Sat Mar 10, 2007 04:38pm

Sounds like a whole of of gossip, speculation, rumors, and assumptions from what I have read.

I cannot imagine Pokey Chatman would have done something to the ugliness and caliber that people or supposedly past players are saying and talking about.

She is too good of a coach and LSU would have had to found out something before now for there to be anything to these rumor.

Just IMO.

ripcord51 Sat Mar 10, 2007 06:56pm

Imagine it.

secondregionbug Sun Mar 11, 2007 02:02am

Think it was holding or just ind contact??????

Nevadaref Sun Mar 11, 2007 02:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondregionbug
What In The World Is Going On In This La School?

Don't know. Don't care.

Scrapper1 Sun Mar 11, 2007 08:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Don't know. Don't care.

And none of us knows. None of us has any idea. There's no point in even guessing.

Anybody remember jumping to conclusions in the Duke lacrosse fiasco? I'd rather not go down that road again.

JRutledge Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
And none of us knows. None of us has any idea. There's no point in even guessing.

Anybody remember jumping to conclusions in the Duke lacrosse fiasco? I'd rather not go down that road again.

Nothing has been decided in that case either. The only thing we know about the Duke kids is their parents have the money to fight that situation. I know some people that did not have money and were sent to jail or spent significant time in jail fighting their case. Only to have their conviction overturned. As far as I am concerned those Duke kids are getting a much better deal than many in that situation.

Peace

Scrapper1 Sun Mar 11, 2007 01:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
Nothing has been decided in that case either.

That was exactly my point. None of us knows anything, so there's no point in talking about it.

BktBallRef Sun Mar 11, 2007 01:55pm

Actually, there's quite a bit that's been decided in the Duke lacrosse case.

JRutledge Sun Mar 11, 2007 05:40pm

All the charges were not dropped according to the news. And there is another prosecutor hired. Sounds like they are not out of the woods quite yet.

Peace

Adam Mon Mar 12, 2007 02:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
All the charges were not dropped according to the news. And there is another prosecutor hired. Sounds like they are not out of the woods quite yet.

A lot different, though, than the original pronouncements from the prosecutor. Listening to him, you'd have thought these kids were monsters out trolling around on their off time.

rockyroad Mon Mar 12, 2007 02:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
A lot different, though, than the original pronouncements from the prosecutor. Listening to him, you'd have thought these kids were monsters out trolling around on their off time.

Yeah...especially the one who had the bank ATM photos of himself taken at the same time of the alleged attack - what a monster. Good thing he was charged...

JRutledge Mon Mar 12, 2007 03:02pm

Quote:

Once again, if these were some poor college kids from a less privileged school public school, then there would be no issue with the prosecutor. Prosecutors always make the case that the people they are charging as being the worst offenders in life. They even do this when they are completely wrong or the people are completely innocent. There were many people sent to prison in my state only to find that DNA proved they could not have committed the crime. The "accused" did not come from privilege and could not afford a lawyer on their own to fight the government. Then when some were released after spending 10 years or so, the prosecutors still claim they did the right thing. One even ran for Lt. Governor and is a current States Attorney in the town I live.

So tell those kids to join the crowd. I am sure they only think this is an injustice because it happens to them. It happens to a lot of people and no prosecutors are ever dismissed. ;)

Peace

Adam Mon Mar 12, 2007 03:06pm

It's a fair enough point, Jeff. However, from what I've read about this case, even a sleepy public defender could have defended these kids against Nifong.
Frankly, I'm not too concerned about these kids. They're privelege, however, doesn't make his behavior less deplorable any more than it makes it more deplorable.

JRutledge Mon Mar 12, 2007 03:31pm

Quote:

It's a fair enough point, Jeff. However, from what I've read about this case, even a sleepy public defender could have defended these kids against Nifong.
Frankly, I'm not too concerned about these kids. They're privelege, however, doesn't make his behavior less deplorable any more than it makes it more deplorable.

Well you have a bunch of kids that have a party with drinking, possibly drugs and strippers. I believe something happen, it might not have been what she reported accurately. If this was the football and basketball teams, then no one would be giving these kids any benefit of the doubt. There would be people that would say, "See, athletes behaving badly once again." I do not see this same benefit of the doubt given to even pro athletes and they are not directly involved in anything. But this was the Lacrosse team who are not the feature athletes on campus and it must be that they are "good kids." Just a bunch of code words flying around and change the circumstances a little and no these kids are in jail awaiting trial.

Peace