The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaref
We're making some in-roads.....but aside from the state tournament series....Wisconsin will continue to play second....or third.....or fourth chair fiddle on this high school trend until Conferences & Schools take a leadership role and "MANDATE" 3-Person officiating for all Varsity boys & girls games!

I just can't see a time in the near future where the entire state will be all three whistle crews. Frankly, some of the smaller schools (Div 4) don't need it. I would estimate that after approximately 15% of my games this year, I thought "Boy, it would be nice to have had a third official." While I certainly wouldn't mind going to all three whistle, there isn't much grumbling up north for implementing it.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Here in SE Wisconsin at least 3 conferences will be 3 person next season for all boys and girls games. Agreed that some of these game really don't need 3 but you really can't be selective. The past 2 years there have been camps and summer leagues using 3 person but during the season it's hard to work, commissioners won't let you on conference games. I can't wait until we go 3 person for every game, I love it.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakman2005000
I just can't see a time in the near future where the entire state will be all three whistle crews. Frankly, some of the smaller schools (Div 4) don't need it. I would estimate that after approximately 15% of my games this year, I thought "Boy, it would be nice to have had a third official." While I certainly wouldn't mind going to all three whistle, there isn't much grumbling up north for implementing it.
Keep in mind that Up North is a very relative term. The best description I ever heard was "Up North is anywhere north of where you are!" I live near Appleton, which I used to think was up north until I moved here. I saw a billboard today that claimed that Oconto Falls is where Up North begins.

I think we need to paint a line somewhere.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
We need 3 out her in CA. May get it next year or at least experiment with it.