The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Cupcake and Studmuffin (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/32457-cupcake-studmuffin.html)

Mark Padgett Sun Mar 04, 2007 05:41pm

Cupcake and Studmuffin

In my local kids rec league (which I schedule, etc.) we have lots of HS kids officiate. One of the girls, who is a HS junior, asked me to schedule her with this guy who is a sophomore in college. Apparently, she has a crush on him. They're both good refs so, being the incredibly nice guy that I am, I said sure.

One of the other kids told me this girl's nickname at school is "Cupcake" and she refers to this college kid as "Studmuffin". I make the schedules out in advance but have to revise them every two weeks due to changes. The last set I sent her showed the scheduled refs for their games as "Cupcake and Studmuffin".

When I saw her at the gym the other day, she told me two things about getting that schedule.

1) she laughed really hard
2) she had to hide it from her mom

M&M Guy Sun Mar 04, 2007 06:33pm

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought for sure it was another story about a game you and Juulie worked.

So um, Mark, do you need another refill on your meds?

:D

Dan_ref Sun Mar 04, 2007 06:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
In my local kids rec league (which I schedule, etc.) we have lots of HS kids officiate. One of the girls, who is a HS junior, asked me to schedule her with this guy who is a sophomore in college. Apparently, she has a crush on him. They're both good refs so, being the incredibly nice guy that I am, I said sure.

One of the other kids told me this girl's nickname at school is "Cupcake" and she refers to this college kid as "Studmuffin". I make the schedules out in advance but have to revise them every two weeks due to changes. The last set I sent her showed the scheduled refs for their games as "Cupcake and Studmuffin".

When I saw her at the gym the other day, she told me two things about getting that schedule.

1) she laughed really hard
2) she had to hide it from her mom

Good move Mark, making a comment to a HS junior she has to hide from her mom.

refnrev Sun Mar 04, 2007 07:54pm

I'm disappointed....I'm like M&M...I thought this was about Juulie and you!

TRef21 Sun Mar 04, 2007 08:15pm

HAHA Funny Mark! So if she is cupcake and he is studmuffin, what does that make you? The Iceing!

Dan_ref Sun Mar 04, 2007 08:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21
HAHA Funny Mark! So if she is cupcake and he is studmuffin, what does that make you? The Iceing!

He was the creepy old guy.

Mark Padgett Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Good move Mark, making a comment to a HS junior she has to hide from her mom.

She said she had to hide it because she didn't want her mom to know she has a crush on that boy. BTW - I know her mom and she would be cool with it anyway.

jmaellis Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21

That would make him the baker.

rainmaker Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by refnrev
I'm disappointed....I'm like M&M...I thought this was about Juulie and you!

I keep telling you guys, and you just aren't getting it. I'm no cupcake, and Mark is definitely no studmuffin!!

Jurassic Referee Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
I keep telling you guys, and you just aren't getting it. I'm no cupcake, and Mark is definitely no studmuffin!!

Vice-versa then?

Adam Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:43am

Quote:

How sexist of you to assume the roles must be such. ;)

rainmaker Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
How sexist of you to assume the roles must be such. ;)

I had such a nice weekend away from y'all....

Adam Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:05pm

We missed you. :)

Mark Padgett Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:42pm

Quote:

Speak for yourself, lambchop. :mad:

BillyMac Mon Mar 05, 2007 08:12pm

Never Again

Many years ago, while officiating a Catholic school middle school girls game, after waiting for substitutes to enter the game, I handed the ball to the inbounder and said to her, "Here you go sweetheart". I guess it was a parent or teacher habit that I had picked up. I bet that I had said that dozens, or a hundred, times to young female players before that day. She replied to me "I'm not your sweetheart", and gave me a disgusted look. I've never said that again since. Never.