The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Playoff Game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/31844-playoff-game.html)

Big2Cat Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:23pm

Playoff Game

I had a playoff game that was snowed out last night. Rescheduled for today. Of course it is Valentine's Day...turned it down. Would rather live another day than take that game.

Splute Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:29pm

i bet you didnt get that wisdom from the Rule book! Ha Ha.... :D

tjones1 Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:35pm

Congrats on the assignment and deciding to live another day! Good call. ;)

M&M Guy Wed Feb 14, 2007 04:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big2Cat
I had a playoff game that was snowed out last night. Rescheduled for today. Of course it is Valentine's Day...turned it down. Would rather live another day than take that game.

Either not married, or a newlywed, right? ;)

My wife and I have never really celebrated Valentine's Day, mainly because of my refereeing, and she usually has a yearly out-of-town conference scheduled over the same period. So I make sure she gets a delivery at her hotel, an she tries to hide something before she leaves and the kids get it out for me.

Ok, it'll never make the Top 10 Romantic Ideas list, but it works for us.

REFVA Wed Feb 14, 2007 04:33pm

Hey Big2cat, I'll take the game. I'm separated. So I'll take if off your hands.. LOL.

Big2Cat Wed Feb 14, 2007 04:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Either not married, or a newlywed, right? ;)

Good call.

JRutledge Wed Feb 14, 2007 04:50pm

Why not bring you lady (If that is what you are in to. Just trying to be inclusive here) with you and take her somewhere afterwards? :confused:

If you did what you needed to the rest of the year, you would not need to use this day as such an "all or nothing" event.

Peace

Ray_from_Mi Wed Feb 14, 2007 04:50pm

Difficult position to be in. This calls for a little 'out of the box' thinking. I may have a way to ease her pain when a really good game lands on your doorstep. Here's what I do (paying it forward) I buy her a game fee of flowers when the season starts and a game fee of flowers when the season ends. She gathers the vases and the house looks pretty cool for awhile. It also buys me a 'get out jail' card and a 'picked up a game for tomorrow' key back into the house. Just my way of recognizing the 'wind beneath my wings'

HawkeyeCubP Wed Feb 14, 2007 06:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
Why not bring you lady (If that is what you are in to. Just trying to be inclusive here) with you and take her somewhere afterwards? :confused: Peace

Precisely what I'll be doing this evening.

BloggingRefGuy Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:03pm

My technique:

Every dollar for the whole year goes into our joint vacation fund. That way, when I'm away, she can be thinking of where she'd like to go with the money I'm pulling in.

Of course, she also says she's happy to have me out of the house...

Big2Cat Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20am

Not to sound sappy, but I had the 14th crossed off with the IHSA before that date anyhow. I get my way with reffing most of the year, no need to go one more. I have three more playoff games next week so I will be fine. Thanks, though, for the creative solutions and support. ;)

JRutledge Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:38am

I am so glad I work post season later in the month. I do not have this dilemma. ;)

Peace