The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Woo-Hoo...it's a start (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/31839-woo-hoo-its-start.html)

LarryS Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:38pm

Woo-Hoo...it's a start

While I will be the first to admit it isn't exactly a State assignment...just got the call that I am in the play-offs! First round game in the private school brackets.

Even though I've worked hard over the last year to improve, I really didn't expect a post season assignment this year...figured next year was a possibility.

I"M PUMPED!

NewNCref Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:40pm

Congratulations! Things like that don't come without a hard effort and a good job by you, so you deserve it.

chartrusepengui Wed Feb 14, 2007 01:04pm

Congrats - I know the feeling. Just got called Monday and our crew got our first JUCO tourny mens game together. I had a womans game last year as a "third" but this is the first time with our crew intact.

Camron Rust Wed Feb 14, 2007 01:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryS
While I will be the first to admit it isn't exactly a State assignment...just got the call that I am in the play-offs! First round game in the private school brackets.

Even though I've worked hard over the last year to improve, I really didn't expect a post season assignment this year...figured next year was a possibility.

I"M PUMPED!

THAT is the attitude to have!!! Unlike the fellow in another recent thread.

Congrats!!! You're going to have a blast. I remember my first playoff game....it was one of the most memorable/exciting games I've ever worked.

Junker Wed Feb 14, 2007 01:29pm

Congrats Larry! I know the feeling. I'm heading to my first tournament game tonight. It should be fun.

mick Wed Feb 14, 2007 01:32pm

Attaboy !

A drop-dead-loser-go-home-game.
Don't screw up.
Check your zipper.

zebraman Wed Feb 14, 2007 01:35pm

Congrats Larry. Well deserved I'm sure.

I got to work a playoff game last week with a 4th-year official doing his first playoff game ever. He was so nervous before the game that I thought he was going to puke.

He did great. I'm sure you will too.

REFVA Wed Feb 14, 2007 01:38pm

Trust me I know how you feel! Congrats! Great Job!

deecee Wed Feb 14, 2007 01:56pm

i will know how you feel when i do my first playoff game tomorrow :) -- i hope its not that puky feeling talked about.

Scrapper1 Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:00pm

Congratulations, Larry. It's great to hear when guys (or gals) take that step to the next level. Now, in the words of one of my assignors, don't #$%@ it up. :D

muxbule Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:17pm

WAY TO GO. Have fun.

Texas Aggie Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:59pm

I was a little tight before my first playoff game, but after 2 or 3 times down the court, you settle down like its just another game. However, for some reason, these games seem to be a lot more fun, so enjoy it.

tjones1 Wed Feb 14, 2007 04:01pm

Congrats. Good luck and have fun. It should be a blast.

Big2Cat Wed Feb 14, 2007 04:19pm

Congrats!

Well done