The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 03:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCityRef
How about IHSSA referees boycott his games? His AD must endorse his behavior, but other ADs in his league will get peeved when they can't scrape up anyone decent.

Schools need us more than we need them.
I do not think that is realistic. I think he has put a big fat bull’s eye on his back though. I am sure some officials will keep that in mind when he starts complaining about calls and behaves as a total jerk. I do not know of boycotting is going to completely work. I am sure officials already know what kind of coach he is or is not.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
The play, as described, has nothing to do with LGP. LGP gives the defender "extra" rights, but B is still entitled to the spot on the floor (literally) provided he gets there first legally.
Gotcha bob, by rule, what do you mean "provided he gets there first legally"? I'm trying to picture the play where B1 tripped and is laying on the floor, where A1 who as player control doesn't see him and trips over him.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
Gotcha bob, by rule, what do you mean "provided he gets there first legally"? I'm trying to picture the play where B1 tripped and is laying on the floor, where A1 who as player control doesn't see him and trips over him.
And please understand, I ask as a learning experience, and not at as critical point of view. THanks.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
And please understand, I ask as a learning experience, and not at as critical point of view. THanks.
Play: Clueless B1, distracted by something shiny in the stands, stops at the top of the key and stares at the bright object. A1 rebounds a shot in the middle of the lane and turns to go up court. He contacts the still clueless B1, gathers the ball and takes three steps. Ruling: traveling. B1 was entitled to the spot on the floor. Since B1 was never facing A1, B1 never had LGP, but that doesn't matter.