The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

OT: Dallas area girls varsity team

Thomas Jefferson HS girls team has had what one could say was a rough year. They are winless. Their highest score this year is 25 points. Out of about 25 games, they've only scored 20 or more twice, and they've been held in single digits 10 times. They had one game of only scoring 1 point, and 5 more games of scoring 5 or fewer points. This season includes a blowout loss to a team with only one win who's otherwise closest game was a 32-17 loss. That team has been held to single digits a few times as well. The fact is that TJ doesn't exactly play in a strong district, nor did they have a tough non-district schedule.

And I thought I was getting about ready for the season to be over with, though I can't say I've had a rough (or even anything less than pretty decent) year!

Can anyone suggest some offensive off-season drills?
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Thomas Jefferson HS girls team has had what one could say was a rough year. They are winless. Their highest score this year is 25 points. Out of about 25 games, they've only scored 20 or more twice, and they've been held in single digits 10 times. They had one game of only scoring 1 point, and 5 more games of scoring 5 or fewer points. This season includes a blowout loss to a team with only one win who's otherwise closest game was a 32-17 loss. That team has been held to single digits a few times as well. The fact is that TJ doesn't exactly play in a strong district, nor did they have a tough non-district schedule.

And I thought I was getting about ready for the season to be over with, though I can't say I've had a rough (or even anything less than pretty decent) year!

Can anyone suggest some offensive off-season drills?
Even John Wooden probably couldn't turn that team around. Sounds like that school needs a better youth feeder program. You need some talent coming in to the school.
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Worked a game last year with one team that was a new high school, the district split and that was their first varsity schedule. Their goal for the year? Score 20 points a game. They didn't make it in mine.
This year, they're in the top half of their conference.
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 05:26pm
Official & Member

Pass this along to them. Despite how bad they think their season is, it could be worse. This was a district tournament game to end the season:

Class 5A, District 13
Satellite 61, Treasure Coast 0

Treasure Coast (0): Kiana Mackie 0 0-0 0, Jessica Cruz 0 0-0 0, Jessica Home 0 0-0 0, Phylisia Salomon 0 0-0 0, Taisha Stephens 0 0-0 0. Totals: 0 0-0 0.

Satellite (61): Mollie Hibbard 2 0-0 6, Kaley Bedard 2 0-2 5, Ashley Allen 1 0-0 2, Kelly Repplier 2 0-0 4, Kylie Miesbauer 3 1-2 7, Angie Pectol 1 0-0 2 , Brittany Osgood 4 0-0 8, Felecia Dever 3 1-3 7, Maddie Smith 1 0-2 2, Megan Hibbard 5 2-2 13, Dyan Spruill 2 1-4 5. Totals: 26 5-15 61. Treasure Coast 0 0 0 0 -- 0 Satellite 26 12 13 10 -- 61

3-point goals: S -- Mo. Hibbard 2, Bedard 1, Me. Hibbard 1. Fouls: Treasure Coast 13, Satellite 8. Fouled out: None. Technical fouls: None. Records: Satellite 17-9. Next: Satellite plays Fort Pierce Central today at 5 p.m.
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

In the game TJ scored one point, they lost 97-1 and didn't score until the 4th quarter. It was an after Christmas tournament game, and my guess is that they probably had 5 players suit up.

Which brings me to another topic: has anyone ever had a skunk? This is the first year I've gotten close, and it was frosh girls early. They didn't score until about 3 minutes left in the 3rd and ended up with 6 points. Then had them a week or so ago, and they only scored 6, but paced it over the halves!
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
In the game TJ scored one point, they lost 97-1 and didn't score until the 4th quarter. It was an after Christmas tournament game, and my guess is that they probably had 5 players suit up.

Which brings me to another topic: has anyone ever had a skunk? This is the first year I've gotten close, and it was frosh girls early. They didn't score until about 3 minutes left in the 3rd and ended up with 6 points. Then had them a week or so ago, and they only scored 6, but paced it over the halves!
Had a girl's freshman team about 5 years ago that scored a total of 6 points, 2 in the first half and 4 in the second. All points were free throws. The other team was almost as bad. They barely made it out of single digits.