The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Stinky situation (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/31225-stinky-situation.html)

blindmanwalking Thu Jan 25, 2007 05:20pm

Stinky situation

Not sticky, stinky. Had a JH regional game last night. I was the R. When I walk into the center circle for the toss it hit me. It was like walking into a death zone. Someone had "FARTED":eek: :eek: . Not just a little either. Fastest jump ball I've ever had. I may have ran over a couple of kids getting out of there. Not sure. It took the whole first quarter for me to stop thinking about it enough to not burst into laughter. Not sure when the smell went away. I didn't go near the center circle for a while. Great memories.:rolleyes:

tjones1 Thu Jan 25, 2007 05:29pm

Sounds bad, but at least there's another Apollo Conference person posting on here! ;)

Back In The Saddle Thu Jan 25, 2007 06:05pm

Sounds like a classic case of a head coach colluding with the lunchroom staff to give his team an extra edge on game days. :D

Raymond Thu Jan 25, 2007 09:24pm

Had a buddy who tired of the moaning and griping coming from one bench, so next trip in front of that bench he let a silent one rip.

26 Year Gap Thu Jan 25, 2007 09:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindmanwalking
Not sticky, stinky. Had a JH regional game last night. I was the R. When I walk into the center circle for the toss it hit me. It was like walking into a death zone. Someone had "FARTED":eek: :eek: . Not just a little either. Fastest jump ball I've ever had. I may have ran over a couple of kids getting out of there. Not sure. It took the whole first quarter for me to stop thinking about it enough to not burst into laughter. Not sure when the smell went away. I didn't go near the center circle for a while. Great memories.:rolleyes:

What? No foul call?:D

zebra44 Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:13pm

So the offending ;) player would qualify as a rank amateur?

blindmanwalking Fri Jan 26, 2007 09:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1
Sounds bad, but at least there's another Apollo Conference person posting on here! ;)

No, it SMELLED bad.;) I doubt there was any sound involved. I think it was a "silent but deadly" variety.:eek:

Hartsy Fri Jan 26, 2007 09:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindmanwalking

If you identified the player responsible, you would have had to call a fragrant foul.

tjones1 Fri Jan 26, 2007 09:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hartsy
If you identified the player responsible, you would have had to call a fragrant foul.

Alright Hartsy...you're done! ;) :D (Good one!)

blindmanwalking Fri Jan 26, 2007 09:52am

Must be a bunch of un-employed stand-up comics working as referees posting on this site. :cool:

Junker Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:26am

One of my JUCO women's games early this season. I'm C across from the visiting team's bench. I see one of their players lift a cheek from her seat and proceed to wave the smell onto the girl next to here. It happened with that team more than once. Must have been some kind of team ritual. It made me laugh though.

CoachP Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
What? No foul call?:D

Yeah, show me where it says you can call a "fragrant" foul!!
:D

tjones1 Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachP
Yeah, show me where it says you can call a "fragrant" foul!!
:D

Ummm 2-3 ;)

yukonmiller Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:10am

It's all a part of my zone defense. Load my big girls up on chili before the game and let em rip. Nobody goes into the lane after that.

ranjo Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:51pm

More Fragrance

Talk about fragrance - How about working middle school games where most of the players are at the age they should start using deodorant, but they don't know it yet.