Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl H. Long
Does anyone understand fonnzy speak?

You called the OHIO number for POS because you live in Missouri and that state is not listed as having its own Nationwide distributer. The Ohio store ships what they have in stock and to expidite your order they call their Texas distributer to send you the CCA Jacket. Due to storms that went through Texas ( sorry the OHIO guy wasn't up on the weather in Texas) this past week shipping was delayed a few days but you still received your complete order within a week. Remember the same amount of time you were on hold = the amount of time they put forth in great customer service to not only locate your order but give you an accurate accounting of what they were doing to get you the item ASAP. Sounds like great customer service to me.

But, why so upset you did not get your CCA Jacket right away? Please tell us what you needed it for? Impress your high school buddies by wearing a college jacket?

I can not believe for one bit you need a college jacket at 18 years old. I spent 25 years evaluating officials in Mid American Conference and did scouting work for several D1 Supervisors of officials of prospective officials. NONE were 18 years old. I have also taught officiating classes and while some have advanced to the college level NONE did so at 18 years old.

Could you be some great young officiating prodigy? Maybe. But my gut tells me that if your youthful impatience concerning the realities of the mail order business that relies on delivery services to expidite their wares, which in turn are affected by weather conditions that causes you to complain so vocifeously when you do not get the item NOW, is probably also evident on the court as well. If so you are not ready for JV High School games let alone a college game.

You complain of rudeness by those you spoke to but I surmise from the impatience I feel you exhibited was also evident to the person you talked to on the phone. (By the way, Joe DeRosa, the person you were told to contact at the Barberton Ohio store is an NBA ref. How would you feel if he called your State Office and local supervisors and ripped your attitude and told them you were not fit to officiate. You might not get another game).

Grow up. Learn patience, as it is a virtue. Accept the realities that life throws you and be quick to learn and slow to speak.
I never had a problem with the service of Joe DeRosa,infact his store did a great job, I never said I had a problem with him, I said the store manager in Texas was rude.
On another note I do not have a problem with you supporting how they do buisness, I just exercised my right of free speach to say what I think was a problem, others under thes thread have supported him, GREAT, others no longer do. I do think it is wrong, and this is one thing I can not stand about the forum is for people like you to insult others talk about acting like a child.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

So are wew talking Plus POS or Purchase Official Supplies. Two different companies. I have used Purchase Official Suplies, PA. several times with great service and good merchandise.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

We all have expereinced some issues with various suppliers. It all depends on the tolerance of the customer. At one time all my purchases were from another supplier(won't mention name). They have proven and have done wrong by me and I move on. Purchase officials are my new supplier, being truthful I do buy from various suppliers based on availability and price as well as customer service. If you have been buying from them for a period of time and they have done right by you then give them another chance. If this is a constant occurance then you need to look into another supplier. If you paid for express shipping than you should be credited the shipping cost. Overall we all expereince some sort of less than great customer service. IMO
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 11:55am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfd21
So are wew talking Plus POS or Purchase Official Supplies. Two different companies. I have used Purchase Official Suplies, PA. several times with great service and good merchandise.
To start they were talking about POS, and then some have talked about +POS.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Just for record...

I have only ordered from +POS one time, one time only. Terrible customer service.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have only ordered from +POS one time, one time only. Terrible customer service.
thanks for clarifying that, which validates my comment that we all at one time or another have expericenced poor customer service and we choose to either continue to get poor service or move on. we are human, we will have bad days..
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

I have purchased everything from Referees Call in Oklahoma City.
Great group of guys

www.refereescall.com

Never had a bad experience, I even had some things I had to return and they were back to me within a couple of days
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
We all have expereinced some issues with various suppliers. It all depends on the tolerance of the customer. At one time all my purchases were from another supplier(won't mention name). They have proven and have done wrong by me and I move on. Purchase officials are my new supplier, being truthful I do buy from various suppliers based on availability and price as well as customer service. If you have been buying from them for a period of time and they have done right by you then give them another chance. If this is a constant occurance then you need to look into another supplier. If you paid for express shipping than you should be credited the shipping cost. Overall we all expereince some sort of less than great customer service. IMO
Very good point I am considering giving them one more shot to see what happens, just thought I would throw my experiece out and see if others had the same. Since some of you guys seem to be okay with them I may give them another shot.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianajones
I'm an idiot at times, as I have given +POS three opportunities and they've stunk it up all three times.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 10:03pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
I'm an idiot at times, as I have given +POS three opportunities and they've stunk it up all three times.
I gave them one chance. They never filled my order. But on the other hand they never charged me either. So, we broke even.

So, Tony, OC or +pos at the bottom of the heap IYO?
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 11:04pm
M.A.S.H.

I'll answer for myself and say +POS. The OC has gained me back. I really think they've turned things around.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Fonzzy, off-topic post here. Do not get in the bad habit of writing correspondence as if you were texting one of your friends. You're young and will be attending college soon and/or entering the work force. Stay in the habit of using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. It'll make what you are writing more inviting to the intended audience and you will more likely get your point across. And writing properly only adds no more than an extra 50-60 seconds (if that much) to the task of writing.

Sorry about this rant but it's a pet peeve of mine. You should see me fuss at my 14 year-old when I see some the stuff he writes.
I was thinking that too as I read through......Makes them screwing up your order believable.....

I can believe the weather in Texas may have had something to do with your order not being shipped on time....Did you see the ice Texas was buried under??? Nasty......