The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   What did the crew miss? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/30619-what-did-crew-miss.html)

bob jenkins Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mplagrow
What do you mean? Are you suggesting to call something because the player admitted it?

While I probably would not call something because a player admitted it (and definitely wouldn't in this situation), I would use the opportunity to explain to the player that we missed it, but that it was against the rules, and that s/he shouldn't do it again.

jontheref Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:23am

Can I get in on this....I had not necessarily this same sitch, but, I had a guy in a jv game actually do a pullup on the rim. I only penalized the infraction but not the T but now I am wondering whether I should have done both?

armymanjones Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jontheref
Can I get in on this....I had not necessarily this same sitch, but, I had a guy in a jv game actually do a pullup on the rim. I only penalized the infraction but not the T but now I am wondering whether I should have done both?

The situation you described seems to me if he wasn't holding on to avoid injury it should have been a T.

Raymond Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:43am

Quote:

A pull-up on the rim is a T. What is the infraction to which you are referring?

Scrapper1 Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
A pull-up on the rim is a T. What is the infraction to which you are referring?

BI<font></font>

Raymond Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
BI<font></font>

He didn't describe the play. He could have done a pull-up after mis-timing a rebound.

Scrapper1 Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
He didn't describe the play. He could have done a pull-up after mis-timing a rebound.

And then what infraction would he have called, besides the T? :confused:

This whole thread has been about BI and grasping the rim. He said he called the infraction, but not the T. By process of elimination. . . :)

Raymond Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
And then what infraction would he have called, besides the T? :confused:

This whole thread has been about BI and grasping the rim. He said he called the infraction, but not the T. By process of elimination. . . :)

Or he could have kicked a rule concerning BI as someone did in another thread. :cool:

Adam Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:26am

Quote:

If it was BI, then you should have called both. This is per casebook play something.something.something, situation something.