The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   JRut (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/30510-jrut.html)

ChrisSportsFan Fri Dec 29, 2006 09:45am

JRut

What's the story with Chicago Engle? They came to St. Louis for a tournament and things got pretty ugly. 2 player fighting, both benches clear, their coach already had an earlier T. If they have not yet, I'm sure the details will get up there soon. What's their sportsmanship reputation?

FWIW, I did not work the game but one of my partners from last night did. He said this thing blew up really fast as he was coming in with a double foul that proved to be the gas.

M&M Guy Fri Dec 29, 2006 09:49am

Where was the tournament?

ChrisSportsFan Fri Dec 29, 2006 09:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Where was the tournament?

Normandy HS

tomegun Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:02am

I was just in town for Christmas. My brother lives in Chesterfield. Has nothing to do with anything but I'm just saying. :D

ChrisSportsFan Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun
I was just in town for Christmas. My brother lives in Chesterfield. Has nothing to do with anything but I'm just saying. :D

You were probably only a few minutes from me.

M&M Guy Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:13am

Quote:

Hey, you're starting to get the hang of this "off-topic" stuff! :D

tomegun Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:31am

My buddy told me that Vashon has a new coach. Is that true? He said the coach did the wrong thing with some funds. I had something to do with a new scoreboard and uniforms or something.

JRutledge Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:35am

Chicago Engle?

I have absolutely no idea what team you are talking about. Are you referring to Englewood High School out of Chicago? If that is the case, I have no idea. I do not work a lot of Chicago Public League schools and unless they are one of the top teams, I have never seen them play. Sorry I cannot help you on this one.

Peace

Zoochy Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:37pm

Quote:

My buddy told me that Vashon has a new coach. Is that true? He said the coach did the wrong thing with some funds. I had something to do with a new scoreboard and uniforms or something.

Floyd Irons was removed from Vashon. Anthony Bonner is the new Coach. Bonner played @ Vashon. Played college ball @ St Louis University. Had a cup of coffee in the NBA and spent sometime in Europe. Funny thing .... For their 1st game they didn't have uniforms. Floyd took ALL the uniforms. They had to pull out old donated uniforms for the game. Ones with short shorts.
The Chicago team is Chicago Englewood.
By the way Chris, you did a great job @ Chaminade. Hope your daughters team can win @ Summit. I'm going to watch the games @ Meramac CC and @ Chaminade.

ChrisSportsFan Fri Dec 29, 2006 06:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy
Floyd Irons was removed from Vashon. Anthony Bonner is the new Coach. Bonner played @ Vashon. Played college ball @ St Louis University. Had a cup of coffee in the NBA and spent sometime in Europe. Funny thing .... For their 1st game they didn't have uniforms. Floyd took ALL the uniforms. They had to pull out old donated uniforms for the game. Ones with short shorts.
The Chicago team is Chicago Englewood.
By the way Chris, you did a great job @ Chaminade. Hope your daughters team can win @ Summit. I'm going to watch the games @ Meramac CC and @ Chaminade.

Thanks, we're about to head out to Summit right now. I'd like to see that Chaminade/McLuer North game tonight as well but I'd rather see my kid play. This will be nice if they can bring home the big trophy.
Who's Zoochy?

fonzzy07 Fri Dec 29, 2006 08:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisSportsFan
What's the story with Chicago Engle? They came to St. Louis for a tournament and things got pretty ugly. 2 player fighting, both benches clear, their coach already had an earlier T. If they have not yet, I'm sure the details will get up there soon. What's their sportsmanship reputation?

FWIW, I did not work the game but one of my partners from last night did. He said this thing blew up really fast as he was coming in with a double foul that proved to be the gas.

Whats the deal with this tourny worked with a partner this afternoon who said he had 30 something fouls of a girls game this morning in the first half alone.

fonzzy07 Fri Dec 29, 2006 08:15pm

Quote:

Really that is where I live does he ref? Welcome to Chesterworld.