The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NFHS Jacket (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/30416-nfhs-jacket.html)

Old School Sat Dec 23, 2006 06:08am

NFHS Jacket

Can anyone tell me where to get the black jacket with the red NFHS patch on the sleeve of the arm? Also, this button up jackle is very wrinkle prone. How do you keep this jacket from wrinkling before use? Just storing it in my bag, and it wrinkles, and I refuse to carry a full-length carrying bag for my uniforms.

Mark Padgett Sat Dec 23, 2006 01:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School
Can anyone tell me where to get the black jacket with the red NFHS patch on the sleeve of the arm? Also, this button up jackle is very wrinkle prone. How do you keep this jacket from wrinkling before use? Just storing it in my bag, and it wrinkles, and I refuse to carry a full-length carrying bag for my uniforms.

I have one from quite a few years ago. I think I got it directly from the NF. Mine has snaps, not buttons and yes, it does wrinkle badly. I usually just wear it to the games, but not in cold weather.

Rich Sat Dec 23, 2006 06:15pm

Quote:

Nobody I know wears snaps. Where I live, we all wear the CCA-style jacket Honig's wears without a logo.

Regardless of the jacket worn, it is always better to store it inside out to keep it clean. I remove it and zip it inside out before handing it to the table staff before starting the game.

Mountaineer Sun Dec 24, 2006 02:13am

Not sure if this will work for that style jacket (I use the Sahara, college style jacket) but I store my jacket in one of those Space Bags. I fold it and slide it in the bag that seals and then I roll the bag, which makes an air-tight seal. It is amazing how clean and wrinkle-free it keeps my jacket. It "looks" like it will be horribly wrinkled in the bag but comes out nice and fresh. Plus, it keeps it very clean.

Raymond Sun Dec 24, 2006 08:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
Nobody I know wears snaps.

We all wear snaps in my HS association.

Nevadaref Sun Dec 24, 2006 09:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef

We used to. Changed to a zip up front two years ago.

Ray_from_Mi Sun Dec 24, 2006 08:10pm

I used my old college CCA jacket (Sahara zip up) removed the logo and had the Michigan HS logo placed on it instead. That jacket is impervious to wrinkles! I fold it up and when the next game comes along, I take it out, unzip it and give it one good shake then hang it up and in 5-10 minutes, not a wrinkle to be seen. The added zipper pocket makes for convenient storage of extra whistle and ball needle. If you will be staying in this sport for a few or more years, then make the investment and get this 'very' comfortable jacket.

Larks Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef

It's about 95% - 5% snaps to zipper in the Cincinnati area. Im told by the zipper guys that they still wear their old snaps for the tournament.

The snappers tend to look a little more wrinkled IMHO. But, when in Rome.....

tjones1 Mon Dec 25, 2006 07:59pm

Speaking of jackets, I saw where Cliff Keen is coming out with a new Microfiber Jacket. It says it's wrinkle-resistant and is suppose to be cooler. Page 40 of the January 2007 Referee.

Texas Aggie Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:31pm

I've always liked the Sahara Jackets. Years ago, I bought my Dad one without the CCA logo. Here in Texas, our recent TASO jackets were made on the blank Sahara jacket.

KCRef Fri Dec 29, 2006 01:43pm

Has anyone tried out the Cliff Keen micro fiber jacket yet ($55)? Is it worth the extra $10 over the Sahara one?

Old School Fri Dec 29, 2006 01:53pm

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize there was such a difference in the jackets. I will go home and check mine. I will say this. For any jacket at that price, it should have an inside pocket. If not, don't buy it.

GoodwillRef Fri Dec 29, 2006 01:57pm

Quote:

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize there was such a difference in the jackets. I will go home and check mine. I will say this. For any jacket at that price, it should have an inside pocket. If not, don't buy it.

Most have two pockets in front and an inside pocket.

Adam Fri Dec 29, 2006 01:58pm

Quote:

For any jacket at that price, it should have an inside pocket. If not, don't buy it.

When CJ speaks... What was that?

tomegun Fri Dec 29, 2006 03:24pm

Quote:

You are a piece of work!